It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Thoughts on my draft
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:16 pm 

5X5, Roto, 12 team, Yahoo settings with 1450 IP limit and 7 bench spots. I think I am a little light on steals and I have a mess on my hands with Reyes and Figgins until he is 2B eligible. I will be using the closers as trade bait.

Also, keep in mind this league is a keeper league requiring you to keep 2 hitters and 1 pitcher for three years. My keepers are Reyes, Cabrera, and Josh Johnson.

C - Chris Iannetta
1B - Miguel Cabrera
2B - Ian Desmond
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - José Reyes
OF - Curtis Granderson
OF - Raúl Ibañez
OF - Jay Bruce
Util - Chone Figgins (Utility until he gets 2B eligibility)
Util - Carlos Peña
BN - Vladimir Guerrero
BN - Dexter Fowler

SP - Josh Johnson
SP - Zack Greinke
SP - Cole Hamels
SP - Jake Peavy
SP - Clay Buchholz
SP - Tim Hudson
SP - Francisco Liriano

RP - Francisco Cordero
RP - David Aardsma
P - Ryan Franklin
P - Frank Francisco
P - Octavio Dotel
P - Matt Capps

Thanks for your help.

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on my draft
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:19 pm 

Jon wrote:
5X5, Roto, 12 team, Yahoo settings with 1450 IP limit and 7 bench spots. I think I am a little light on steals and I have a mess on my hands with Reyes and Figgins until he is 2B eligible. I will be using the closers as trade bait.

Also, keep in mind this league is a keeper league requiring you to keep 2 hitters and 1 pitcher for three years. My keepers are Reyes, Cabrera, and Josh Johnson.

C - Chris Iannetta
1B - Miguel Cabrera
2B - Ian Desmond
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - José Reyes
OF - Curtis Granderson
OF - Raúl Ibañez
OF - Jay Bruce
Util - Chone Figgins (Utility until he gets 2B eligibility)
Util - Carlos Peña
BN - Vladimir Guerrero
BN - Dexter Fowler

SP - Josh Johnson
SP - Zack Greinke
SP - Cole Hamels
SP - Jake Peavy
SP - Clay Buchholz
SP - Tim Hudson
SP - Francisco Liriano

RP - Francisco Cordero
RP - David Aardsma
P - Ryan Franklin
P - Frank Francisco
P - Octavio Dotel
P - Matt Capps

Thanks for your help.

How are you light on speed with Figgins, Grandy, Fowler and Reyes? You're light on any sort of balance. This is going to be a tough team to manage because you're going to have to boost your steals to a certain point in the season then probably trade excess steals to a team for power. Your pitching is way too strong, that's why your hitting is a mess. If you take Greinke, you don't need Hamels and Johnson. It's way too much. Then Peavy? What if Peavy pitches well, then you have 4 number ones. It's not good, sorry.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:46 pm 

I appreciate your response even though it was a sobering one. Using your projections with my above lineup I would have:

Runs: 935
HR: 234
RBI: 845
SB: 148
AVE: 0.281

ERA: 3.57
WHIP: 1.23
WINS: 110
SAVES: 147
Ks: 1476

With respect to my league, each of these are close to the 10-point threshold.

Now, I haven't factored the combination of Guerrero-Fowler when Figgins gets 2B. As you suggested I will have to begin playing the balancing game at that time. So I need to fix my unbalance. I am assuming I need to go after 4 category producers like: Pence, Cruz, Upton, Rios, Markakis. Maybe even try to trade Figgy and a pitcher for someone like Kinsler. Couple trades I have had offered to me already are Ibanez for Pence and Liriano for Napoli. Your thoughts? Thanks again for all your help. I love the site and I have recommended it to my leaguemates (to my detriment) just because you have a high quality product.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:53 pm 

I'm going by this:

http://razzball.com/fantasy-baseball-dr ... inning-it/

But your team is OFs short, so I'm assuming less, but it's not like your team's not meeting thresholds. It's more about how your guys are good at this or that, but not at both.

I like Ibanez for Pence.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.