It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Categories
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:32 pm 

The commish of one of my leagues just changed the settings from 6x6 to 7x7...added TB and L...the categories r W,L,SV,K,ERA,WHIP,QS & R,HR,RBI,SB,TB,AVG,OPS

I'm trying to convince him why TB, L, and QS should be removed...any arguments for me?

RP - Janssen, Henderson, Cishek, Ziegler, Brothers, Cisnero,
BN - Gattis

Post subject: Re: Categories
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:52 pm 

Wins are arbitrary. Losses more so. The pitcher doesn't even need to be in the game to get a loss. QSs inflates starters' value a lot so people can win and not even have to field and closers. TB is okay.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 pm 

I got him to remove L and TB...I'm trying to get him to remove AVG and OPS and replace it with OBP...I feel OPS is unnecessary because it is a combination of AVG and then power which you are already rewarded for in the H, HR, RBI categories...too redundant if you ask me...thoughts?

RP - Janssen, Henderson, Cishek, Ziegler, Brothers, Cisnero,
BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:03 pm 

Your case vs. OPS makes sense.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.