It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Finished the Big One! Help please.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:18 am 

@GREY or ANYONE:

Tony from the main site.

Finally had my $$$ 12 team 10x10 Yahoo H2H draft yesterday. I feel pretty good, the competition was tough, one autodrafter, which what can you do, some people like throwing money away.

Categories
Offense: Runs, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG
Pitching: W, L, SV, R, HR, BB, K, ERA, WHIP, QS's / 32 Inning MINIMUM!

1. (12) David Wright 3B
2. (13) Ryan Howard 1B
3. (36) Joey Votto 1B
4. (37) José Reyes SS
5. (60) Dan Haren SP
6. (61) Jason Bay OF
7. (84) Hunter Pence OF
8. (85) Carlos González OF
9. (108) Jay Bruce OF
10. (109) Ricky Nolasco SP
11. (132) Joakim Soria RP
12. (133) Heath Bell RP
13. (156) Juan Pierre OF
14. (157) Billy Wagner RP
15. (180) Jonathan Sánchez SP
16. (181) Octavio Dotel RP
17. (204) Matt Capps RP
18. (205) Travis Snider OF
19. (228) Jorge De La Rosa SP
20. (229) Franklin Morales RP
21. (252) Jorge Posada C
22. (253) Phil Hughes SP,RP
23. (276) Scott Downs RP
24. (277) Nick Johnson 1B
25. (300) Kelly Johnson 2B
26. (301) Marc Rzepczynski SP

With the pitching minimum at (32) you see alot of guys throw a couple starters, and rp's and then if the era/whip, etc are low they'll bench, steal as many pts as possible.... but we have some wild stats so make sure you check that out with that in mind!

Alot of these guys I barely ever took in mocks, but hey I just didn't expect some guys to be where they were. Reyes and votto in the 3rd and 4th was a MAJOR suprise and danny haren as my #1 SP was too. I like my OF but its young and i have a TON of CLOSERS, which i'm kinda happy with now because they're gonna be great for trade bait. 3 Mets, haha... couldn't help it!

THOUGHTS!? i appreciate it guys.

THANKS,

TONY

Post subject: Re: Finished the Big One! Help please.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:07 am 

youngy_03 wrote:
@GREY or ANYONE:

Tony from the main site.

Finally had my $$$ 12 team 10x10 Yahoo H2H draft yesterday. I feel pretty good, the competition was tough, one autodrafter, which what can you do, some people like throwing money away.

Categories
Offense: Runs, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG
Pitching: W, L, SV, R, HR, BB, K, ERA, WHIP, QS's / 32 Inning MINIMUM!

1. (12) David Wright 3B
2. (13) Ryan Howard 1B
3. (36) Joey Votto 1B
4. (37) José Reyes SS
5. (60) Dan Haren SP
6. (61) Jason Bay OF
7. (84) Hunter Pence OF
8. (85) Carlos González OF
9. (108) Jay Bruce OF
10. (109) Ricky Nolasco SP
11. (132) Joakim Soria RP
12. (133) Heath Bell RP
13. (156) Juan Pierre OF
14. (157) Billy Wagner RP
15. (180) Jonathan Sánchez SP
16. (181) Octavio Dotel RP
17. (204) Matt Capps RP
18. (205) Travis Snider OF
19. (228) Jorge De La Rosa SP
20. (229) Franklin Morales RP
21. (252) Jorge Posada C
22. (253) Phil Hughes SP,RP
23. (276) Scott Downs RP
24. (277) Nick Johnson 1B
25. (300) Kelly Johnson 2B
26. (301) Marc Rzepczynski SP

With the pitching minimum at (32) you see alot of guys throw a couple starters, and rp's and then if the era/whip, etc are low they'll bench, steal as many pts as possible.... but we have some wild stats so make sure you check that out with that in mind!

Alot of these guys I barely ever took in mocks, but hey I just didn't expect some guys to be where they were. Reyes and votto in the 3rd and 4th was a MAJOR suprise and danny haren as my #1 SP was too. I like my OF but its young and i have a TON of CLOSERS, which i'm kinda happy with now because they're gonna be great for trade bait. 3 Mets, haha... couldn't help it!

THOUGHTS!? i appreciate it guys.

THANKS,

TONY

Bunch of former Mets too! I like the pitching staff you put together. I still think you might need to work the waiver wire pretty extensively with the pitching categories you have. But pitching might be your only weakness. Your hitting is very solid. Not totally in love with Pierre, but in H2H sometimes you need a shot of speed during one week. Nick Johnson could be solid in a BBs league too. Overall nice job.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:35 pm 

thanks....

overall i like my team and I KNOW how this league has been in the past, 8-10 years running now? i can't remember, but hitting dominates, you have to have offense, you can almost always find or deal for pitching somehow.... my plan: let a couple guys like verlander or whoever come out and tank it early, guys that i would have drafted but couldnt or didnt wanna waste the pick, and then make some moves for them..... say trade 2 of my junkier closers for their slumping stud SP? if i can pull it..... or maybe move a pierre/brainfreeze for a SP.... like i said though 32 innings minimum. I can almost get my innings with 2 starts from Haren in a week, and then spot pitch Nolasco, sanchez, DLR, and hughes, plus the innings my RP's are eating up will get me where i need. There's some wild strategy involved. I'm interested to see how "BKK" fairs. He's a razzballer i got into our league.

He took ONLY the amount of offensive guys he needed but then all bench pitchers....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:49 pm 

Oh, no, you're bringing Razzballers into your league? Sounds like trouble.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:45 pm 

HAHA i know woulda NEVER done it, but we had one DBAG in our league bail out, soooo.... i had to get someone reliable and on 5-6 days notice?

Gotta do what ya gotta do....

I will say the "other razzballer" drafted well, but he took too many pitchers and not enough offense, his offense is great, and I'm thinking he went with your suggestions of NOT having bench offensive players but in my league, daily transactions, you wanna be able to sub Offense in and out.... we'll see if he competes with what he's got, i'm sure he will! haha