It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Draft Results
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:42 pm 

Had the 8th pick in Yahoo private league. 5x5 except OBP replaces BA. Regular lineup but 5 SP and 2 RP spots. What do you think?
1st: OF Matt Kemp
2nd: OF Justin Upton
3rd: C/1B Victor Martinez
4th: 2B Brandon Phillips
5th: SP Yovani Gallardo
6th: 3B Aramis Ramirez
7th: OF Manny Ramirez
8th: SP Matt Cain
9th: SP John Lackey
10th: 1B David Ortiz
11th: RP Jose Valverde
12th: SP Roy Oswalt
13th: SP Brandon Webb (had to sign off for a second and he was my highest pre-ranked player)
14th: OF/UT Brad Hawpe
15th: OF Nolan Reimold
16th: OF Nyjer Morgan
17th: OF Corey Hart
18th: SS Erick Aybar
19th: RP Ryan Franklin
20th: SP Wade Davis
21st: RP Octavio Dotel
22nd: SP John Maine

C: Miguel Montero, Wilin Rosario (DL replacement for J.P. Arencibia)
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Ian Kinsler
3B: Kevin Youkilis
SS: Jimmy Rollins
CI: Eric Hosmer
MI: Alexei Ramirez
OF: Ryan Braun, Matt Holliday, Michael Morse, David Murphy (DL replacement for Jose Bautista), Corey Hart
Util: Ian Desmond
SP: Felix Hernandez, Cliff Lee, Adam Wainwright, James Shields, Dan Haren, Josh Johnson, Mike Minor
RP: Joe Nathan, Fernando Rodney

Post subject: Re: Draft Results
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:11 pm 

scu316scu316 wrote:
Had the 8th pick in Yahoo private league. 5x5 except OBP replaces BA. Regular lineup but 5 SP and 2 RP spots. What do you think?
13th: SP Brandon Webb (had to sign off for a second and he was my highest pre-ranked player)

Need to know how many teams.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:26 pm 

12 team league. Edit: I grabbed Reimold, Hart, and Morgan because I didn't like the remaining players at the other positions. If one or more start off well, I can trade one of them or one of my 4 other OF to fix any holes.

OF: Ryan Braun, Matt Holliday, Michael Morse, David Murphy (DL replacement for Jose Bautista), Corey Hart
SP: Felix Hernandez, Cliff Lee, Adam Wainwright, James Shields, Dan Haren, Josh Johnson, Mike Minor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:05 pm 

My first reaction is....blah (don't get mad). However, I love your first 2 picks! I don't know if I would have gone back 2 back OF, but that's my own opinion. My gut tells me that you need VMart to move to 1B pick up some decent OBP catcher that will give you some pop and get rid of Ortiz, either trade or pick up somebody worth picking up. There are way better 1B than Ortiz so you HAVE to change that. You could always hold him, and if he does anything trade him.

Your pitching isn't really that great. Sure if you compare it with Yahoo or ESPN's rankings, but it's kind of boring. The good thing is that Webb could bounce back and he has a lot of upside. If I'm you, I'm looking to deal Cain, Hawpe, Ortiz. I'd try to get a 2 for 1 so that you can have some upside in your pitching. Cain will disappoint you, I believe. I'm also iffy about Gallardo because of the HUGE inning jump from last year. That usually means not so good things. I would project with this team you could end up around 5th in your league. I like your OF. You have decent speed, and your power is ok. Hope this helps and Grey doesn't dog me for being wrong. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:08 pm 

Oh. Drop Maine and pick up one of these promising RP. Look at COL and MIN. Rauch, Morales, Corpas in that order. Also check to see if a guy like Homer Bailey is available.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:09 pm 

Big League Chew wrote:
My first reaction is....blah (don't get mad). However, I love your first 2 picks! I don't know if I would have gone back 2 back OF, but that's my own opinion. My gut tells me that you need VMart to move to 1B pick up some decent OBP catcher that will give you some pop and get rid of Ortiz, either trade or pick up somebody worth picking up. There are way better 1B than Ortiz so you HAVE to change that. You could always hold him, and if he does anything trade him.

Your pitching isn't really that great. Sure if you compare it with Yahoo or ESPN's rankings, but it's kind of boring. The good thing is that Webb could bounce back and he has a lot of upside. If I'm you, I'm looking to deal Cain, Hawpe, Ortiz. I'd try to get a 2 for 1 so that you can have some upside in your pitching. Cain will disappoint you, I believe. I'm also iffy about Gallardo because of the HUGE inning jump from last year. That usually means not so good things. I would project with this team you could end up around 5th in your league. I like your OF. You have decent speed, and your power is ok. Hope this helps and Grey doesn't dog me for being wrong. :D

Forgot one major thing. It's a H2H league.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:04 pm 

Hey Grey. I didn't receive a reply to how my team is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:34 pm 

scu316scu316 wrote:

I agree with Big League Chew.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.