It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 11 team 7x7 roto draft. What does this team need?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:42 pm 

This is an 11 team league that is 7X7 (5x5 with triples, OPS, Losses, and holds)

The league rosters are C, 1b, 2b, SS, 3b, MI, CI, 4 OF, 2 Util, 9 P, and 5 bench.

It is a daily transaction league.

Here is my team.

C -Iannetta
1b - M. Cabrera
2b - K. Johnson
SS - E. Cabrera
3b - Zimmerman
MI - O. Cabrera
CI - Reynolds
OF - Kemp
OF - A. Jones
OF - Hawpe
OF - N. Morgan
U - G. Beckham
U - Jay Bruce
P - J. Santana
P - Wainwright
P - Garza
P - Price
P - Dempster
P - Harden
P - Broxton
P - Papelbon
P - R. Soriano
B - Betencourt
B - Neshek
B - Robertson
B - Igarashi
B - Adam LaRoche

All of the pitchers should be able to be used since it is a daily league. When Beckham gets 2b eligable I can dump either O. Cabrera or K. Johnson and move LaRoche into a Utility spot. As Grey knows from drafting with Rudy, it is tough sometimes when you co-own a team. It is way more pitching heavy than I would have liked, but in my co-owners defense we have been far better at adding bats during the season than turning around a waivering pitching staff. Any thoughts of what this team needs?

Post subject: Re: 11 team 7x7 roto draft. What does this team need?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:25 pm 

meeka wrote:
This is an 11 team league that is 7X7 (5x5 with triples, OPS, Losses, and holds)

The league rosters are C, 1b, 2b, SS, 3b, MI, CI, 4 OF, 2 Util, 9 P, and 5 bench.

It is a daily transaction league.

Here is my team.

C -Iannetta
1b - M. Cabrera
2b - K. Johnson
SS - E. Cabrera
3b - Zimmerman
MI - O. Cabrera
CI - Reynolds
OF - Kemp
OF - A. Jones
OF - Hawpe
OF - N. Morgan
U - G. Beckham
U - Jay Bruce
P - J. Santana
P - Wainwright
P - Garza
P - Price
P - Dempster
P - Harden
P - Broxton
P - Papelbon
P - R. Soriano
B - Betencourt
B - Neshek
B - Robertson
B - Igarashi
B - Adam LaRoche

All of the pitchers should be able to be used since it is a daily league. When Beckham gets 2b eligable I can dump either O. Cabrera or K. Johnson and move LaRoche into a Utility spot. As Grey knows from drafting with Rudy, it is tough sometimes when you co-own a team. It is way more pitching heavy than I would have liked, but in my co-owners defense we have been far better at adding bats during the season than turning around a waivering pitching staff. Any thoughts of what this team needs?

Yeah, would've liked to see a better hitting team in a 11 team league. Your pitching's stronger than your hitting, and that's not a great thing. Also, some of the pitching is kinda eh. I realize you need Holds, but did you have to draft so many Holds guys that will invariably be dropped? I'm worried about your hitting, to be honest.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: 11 team 7x7 roto draft. What does this team need?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:45 pm 

Thanks Grey.

This is my 4th year in this league and having 4 holds guys is almost a must if you want to finish in the top half of holds. Sure, I will probably drop 1, 2 or 3 of them to add different guys, but to start with none is a losing bet. Right now there are 42 middle relievers rostered in our league. If you are not at least in the game you are punting that catagory.

The offense will probably struggle a bit. I think we could still see 300 HR and 200 SB. Those numbers would put us in pretty great shape, but it is probably best case senerio.

Our soft spots on offense are our catcher and our MI. It may take moving Johan to make a decent upgrade for the offense.

Thanks again for the help. I just found this site, and have been really impressed with what I have seen.