It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Just finished my draft, now I have a problem...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:02 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Yahoo 12 team, H2H, 24 stat cats, 40 inning minimum...

C Montero
1B Morneau
2B Beckham
SS Hanley
3B Zimmerman
OF Sizemore, Lind, Quentin
UTL CarGo, Chris Davis
BN Heyward, Fowler

SP Johan, Hamels, Billingsley, Garza, Slowey, Price, E Santana
RP Wagner, F Francisco, Dotel, M Gonzalez

I couldn't resist the available pitchers and now I have 7 starters. And 4 closers. And no 2B for the 1st 2 weeks until Beckham gets eligibility.

So I love my team but does anyone see anybody here that I should drop for a 2B fill in? Fowler?

Also, Aroldis Chapman is owned in 77% of Yahoo! leagues but not in mine. Would anyone drop Ervin Santana or Price for Chapman or is he just the flavor of the month?

Thanks guys.

C J Montero
1B A Gonzalez
2B Phillips
3B Cabrera
SS Castro
OF McCutchen
OF Bruce
OF Choo
UTL Dunn
UTL De Aza
BN Scott, Davis, Viciedo

SP Halladay, CJ Wilson, Gio Gonzalez, A Sanchez, Marcum, Dempster, BIllingsley, Bedard, Niese, Smyly, Bass
RP

Post subject: Re: Just finished my draft, now I have a problem...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:25 pm 

HldOnMgnolia wrote:
Yahoo 12 team, H2H, 24 stat cats, 40 inning minimum...

C Montero
1B Morneau
2B Beckham
SS Hanley
3B Zimmerman
OF Sizemore, Lind, Quentin
UTL CarGo, Chris Davis

BN Heyward, Fowler

SP Johan, Hamels, Billingsley, Garza, Slowey, Price, E Santana
RP Wagner, Frank Francisco, Dotel, M Gonzalez

I couldn't resist the available pitchers and now I have 7 starters! And 4 closers! And no 2B for the 1st 2 weeks until Beckham gets eligibility!

So I love my team but does anyone see anybody here that I should drop for a 2B fill in? Fowler?

Also, Aroldis Chapman is owned in 77% of Yahoo! leagues but not in mine. Would anyone drop Ervin Santana or Price for Chapman or is he just the flavor of the month?

Thanks guys.

If you trust one of your later starters to step up, you should trade Johan or Hamels at the first scene of good news. You don't need all of those starters. I'd hold off on Aroldis in your position. You have bigger issues. You have two bench hitters and no 2nd baseman. You have two weeks to make a trade. Trade two guys for an upgrade. Say Quentin and Davis for Adam Jones then you'll have an empty spot.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:35 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

How would you feel about dropping Fowler for McGehee or Iwamura to hold me over? We do have a 40 inning minimum every week - I figured it would be nice to have a surplus of starters in such a league. I don't want to force a trade if the market isn't great. Davis was available late and I'm not sure anybody is very high on him.

Thanks for the feedback, Grey.

C J Montero
1B A Gonzalez
2B Phillips
3B Cabrera
SS Castro
OF McCutchen
OF Bruce
OF Choo
UTL Dunn
UTL De Aza
BN Scott, Davis, Viciedo

SP Halladay, CJ Wilson, Gio Gonzalez, A Sanchez, Marcum, Dempster, BIllingsley, Bedard, Niese, Smyly, Bass
RP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:59 pm 

HldOnMgnolia wrote:
How would you feel about dropping Fowler for McGehee or Iwamura to hold me over? We do have a 40 inning minimum every week - I figured it would be nice to have a surplus of starters in such a league. I don't want to force a trade if the market isn't great. Davis was available late and I'm not sure anybody is very high on him.

Thanks for the feedback, Grey.

I wouldn't want to drop Fowler, that would be last resort. You have two weeks. Iron out a 2 for 1 deal for an upgrade somewhere.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:56 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

The guy who owns Braun and Holliday is solid but shallow at SP with Wandy, Baker, Oswalt, Bedard, Feliz and Brandon McCarthy. I'm going to offer Sizemore and a SP for Braun. I don't want to lowball him or overbid. Johan, Hamels, Bills, Garza, Slowey or Price?

Another owner has Miggy and Tex; I offer Morneau + Johan/Hamels/Bills?

C J Montero
1B A Gonzalez
2B Phillips
3B Cabrera
SS Castro
OF McCutchen
OF Bruce
OF Choo
UTL Dunn
UTL De Aza
BN Scott, Davis, Viciedo

RP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:13 pm 

HldOnMgnolia wrote:
The guy who owns Braun and Holliday is solid but shallow at SP with Wandy, Baker, Oswalt, Bedard, Feliz and Brandon McCarthy. I'm going to offer Sizemore and a SP for Braun. I don't want to lowball him or overbid. Johan, Hamels, Bills, Garza, Slowey or Price?

Another owner has Miggy and Tex; I offer Morneau + Johan/Hamels/Bills?

Sizemore and Price, Slowey or Garza, in that order.

I wouldn't do both deals. Don't like the 2nd much at all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:57 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

So far it's been tough to make a move.

Instead of dropping Fowler, I was thinking of dropping Dotel to add a 2B stopgap. The waiver wire is flush with other closers already...

Jenks, Madson, Lindstrom, Capps, F Morales

Would you shed

Wagner
F Francisco
M Gonzalez
Dotel

for any of those names, if not for a 2B?

C J Montero
1B A Gonzalez
2B Phillips
3B Cabrera
SS Castro
OF McCutchen
OF Bruce
OF Choo
UTL Dunn
UTL De Aza
BN Scott, Davis, Viciedo

RP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:02 am 

So far? It's been one day and you have two weeks. I wouldn't drop a closer, but you do what you need to.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:54 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

You have to remember that an owner's man-love runs high for all players until their early round pick's first golden sombrero. good luck prying Braun away. Are you that sold that Holliday would be a significant upgrade over Sizemore?

SP - C Hamels Darvish Moore Zimmermann Minor
RP - A Reed Lyons

CBS Roto FAAB Auction
C - Napoli 1B - Goldschmidt 2B - Profar 3B - Longoria SS - Desmond MI - Prado CI - K Johnson DH - Moreland U - Aoki
OF - Stanton Trout J Upton J Pierre D Brown
SP - Bailey Kendrick Hellickson Ryu Scherzer Wainwright Cashner Iwakuma
RP - Betancourt League C Perez Jenson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:06 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

So I've made about 15 or so trade offers and the best I've been offered back has been Beckham for Jorge Cantu, the best.

I'd love to grind out a 2 for 1 somewhere but it isn't likely to happen. So...

In order to make room on the bench for a MI should I drop Fowler, Davis, M Rodriguez, or E Santana?

Some notable names available on FA list, if I were to drop and lose Fowler or Davis:

Travis Snider
Conor Jackson
Brandon Wood
Alcides Escobar
Sean Rodriguez
Matt LaPorta
Ian Desmond
Austin Jackson

Some names that could replace E Santana:

Shaun Marcum
Wade Davis
Justin Masterson
Anibal Sanchez
Fausto Carmona

Closers on FA list:

Octavio Dotel
Matt Capps
Chris Perez
Franklin Morales
Matt Lindstrom

Another caveat: this league is 12x12 and counts HLDs. It seems silly for me to carry 4 closers and make no effort to win a category that is going completely uncontested - nobody has any non-closing MRs rostered. I would have my pick of the litter after week 1 is over and Beckham slides into my 2B slot. Should I trim one of 4 closers and pick up a MR who's in line for holds?

Thanks for any and all advice.

C J Montero
1B A Gonzalez
2B Phillips
3B Cabrera
SS Castro
OF McCutchen
OF Bruce
OF Choo
UTL Dunn
UTL De Aza
BN Scott, Davis, Viciedo

RP