It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: H2H Draft results
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:42 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

My pay league draft results. 10 team H2H points based system, won't bore you with the point values, but CBS (like the chicks) digs the long ball. I know I'm a little weak at P, but I ended up with 3 pretty good 3Bs so I figure I might be able to trade later on, since it might be a position in demand. I drafted last in the 10 spot, what do you think?

Team: Gobias Industries

(18)Napoli, Mike C
(2)Howard, Ryan 1B
(1)Utley, Chase 2B
(4)Reynolds, Mark 3B
(5)Reyes, Jose B. SS
(10)Cruz, Nelson R. OF
(3)Kemp, Matt OF
(6)Upton, Justin OF
(11)Ramirez, Aramis U

Active Pitchers
(7)Kershaw, Clayton SP
(8)Nolasco, Ricky SP
(9)Garza, Matt SP
(12)Webb, Brandon SP
(13)Cueto, Johnny SP
(15)Aardsma, David RP
(17)Gonzalez, Mike RP

Reserve Batters
(16)Stewart, Ian 3B
(21)Andrus, Elvis SS

Reserve Pitchers
(19)Chamberlain, Joba SP
(20)Sanchez, Jonathan O. SP
(14)Slowey, Kevin SP

Jay Bruce is on waivers, do you think he's worth a pick up to be a bench outfielder, and who would you drop? I tried to get some pitching depth to play matchups more, trying to make up for the lack of strength, but pickings were slim. Andrus was my last pick to fill in for Reyes.

Post subject: Re: H2H Draft results
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:51 am 

JimmySkip wrote:
My pay league draft results. 10 team H2H points based system, won't bore you with the point values, but CBS (like the chicks) digs the long ball. I know I'm a little weak at P, but I ended up with 3 pretty good 3Bs so I figure I might be able to trade later on, since it might be a position in demand. I drafted last in the 10 spot, what do you think?

Team: Gobias Industries

(18)Napoli, Mike C
(2)Howard, Ryan 1B
(1)Utley, Chase 2B
(4)Reynolds, Mark 3B
(5)Reyes, Jose B. SS
(10)Cruz, Nelson R. OF
(3)Kemp, Matt OF
(6)Upton, Justin OF
(11)Ramirez, Aramis U

Active Pitchers
(7)Kershaw, Clayton SP
(8)Nolasco, Ricky SP
(9)Garza, Matt SP
(12)Webb, Brandon SP
(13)Cueto, Johnny SP
(15)Aardsma, David RP
(17)Gonzalez, Mike RP

Reserve Batters
(16)Stewart, Ian 3B
(21)Andrus, Elvis SS

Reserve Pitchers
(19)Chamberlain, Joba SP
(20)Sanchez, Jonathan O. SP
(14)Slowey, Kevin SP

Jay Bruce is on waivers, do you think he's worth a pick up to be a bench outfielder, and who would you drop? I tried to get some pitching depth to play matchups more, trying to make up for the lack of strength, but pickings were slim. Andrus was my last pick to fill in for Reyes.

re: 3B -- The problem with hoarding is then most of your opponents don't have that position and they can all go for 2nd place at that spot while you run away with it. This isn't that big of a deal in 10 team leagues though... Since there is enough other 3rd basemen to go around, so you may just have 3 3rd basemen. Guess we'll see on that.

re: Team -- I think Howard and Reynolds can hurt you on average in a ten team league, but since it's H2H you should be okay. I like your team overall. The hitting should fine (minus aforementioned average) and the pitching's fine.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:00 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thanks Grey, your analysis is much appreciated. Would you think about ditching Joba or Sanchez for Jay Bruce (waivers), or would do you think I should stick with pitching depth so I can play matchups and look for 2 start weeks (helps a lot in H2H)?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:08 am 

JimmySkip wrote:
Thanks Grey, your analysis is much appreciated. Would you think about ditching Joba or Sanchez for Jay Bruce (waivers), or would do you think I should stick with pitching depth so I can play matchups and look for 2 start weeks (helps a lot in H2H)?

I'd lose Joba for Bruce.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:21 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Hey Grey,

Same team as outlined in above posts (except I dumped Joba for Bruce) -- I offered a guy who is currently sporting David Freese as his starting 3B...
MY Aramis Ramirez for HIS Gavin Floyd and Brett Anderson.

He declined and countered with...
MY Aramis Ramirez for HIS Brett Anderson and Phil Hughes

Not too crazy about that deal for me, what do you think?

I'm trying to add starting depth. His starters are Halladay, Jimenez, Verlander, Shields, Floyd, Blanton, Anderson, Marcum and Hughes. What do you think fair compensation for Aramis Ramirez is? I kinda feel like I can deal from a position of strength here.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:56 pm 

I don't like it. I'd want at least Jimenez.