It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Steve's first draft of '09
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:40 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thought so. In this draft, he got taken in the 5th at 54, just before I took Al-Ram.

Would have been a bit of a reach to get him in the 4th instead of Vlad, yes?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:52 pm 

Yeah, a bit too early for him. Plus Vladdy was one of the reasons why Dunn would've worked, so without Vladdy Dunn's not as great.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:16 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Hey guys, I'll chime in here.

Dunn may be a steal in my auction league. Don't think anybody's won the league with Dunn on the team. As a result, his value goes down more every year. He went for 19 last year, could I get him for 10-15 this year?

And do you think that's wise in a ten team league?

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:09 pm 

BigFatHippo wrote:
Hey guys, I'll chime in here.

Dunn may be a steal in my auction league. Don't think anybody's won the league with Dunn on the team. As a result, his value goes down more every year. He went for 19 last year, could I get him for 10-15 this year?

And do you think that's wise in a ten team league?

Sounds a lot like Rudy and I two years ago. I drafted Dunn and Rudy said he didn't think Dunn was ever on a team that won. I won it that year, but I also had a lot of good fortune (Braun out of nowhere, Peavy's nearly the top pitcher, etc.) In a vacuum, Dunn's is worth $10-15, but on your team it depends if you have the guys around him that can handle a .250 average. So I say yes, but with caveats. I do think Dunn's one of those guys that you can trade because he always his what he is and sometimes a (different) team needs that midseason.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:50 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
I won it that year, but I also had a lot of good fortune (Braun out of nowhere, Peavy's nearly the top pitcher, etc.)

Ah yes - Braun out of nowhere. Remember it well. As I recall, he dropped off a smidge in the last few weeks. Throw in Reyes' September disappearing act that year, Bedard's Cy-calibre season being sawn off at the knees and Morneau's second-half no-show - and Braun's point of departure is exactly where I ended up.

Nowhere.

Actually to be precise, it was fourth. Thanks to Loney making an out on virtually the last at-bat of the regular season, that is.

Not that it's stuck in the craw.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

folk singer/writer tom rush , in a song titled "these days" , ... "don't remind me of my failures . i have not forgotten them ."

you gotta love this internet stuff , it brings things so much closer to home .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:31 am 

^^ Great song. I love the Fountains of Wayne cover of it too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:13 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

And there I was thinking that 'Stacey's Mom' was their only claim to fame.
There's an NZ connection to that song too BTW.
'Stacey's Mom' that is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:26 pm 

They're actually one of those bands that are famous for a song that is not their best by any means. They have a few great albums. Check out the song, Radiation Vibe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:07 am 

'These Days' is a great song and that's a great lyric.

The song was written by Jackson Browne and was covered a number of times before he recorded it in 1973 (the first time by Nico from Velvet Underground - http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... foxqq5ldde)

I'm a Fountain of Wayne fan too. All of their albums have their musical and lyrical highlights with their 1st album being the most consistent....