It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: AROD deals
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:03 am 

12 team standard 5x5 roto keeper league, $300 cap, add $3 per keeper

I'm tied for first, W, K, HR, RBI are neck and neck. I can make up ground with SBs, but they're hard to predict. It's a stretch but 10 more SB would be 3 more points for me.

I have Halladay, Lackey, Hamels, Cain, Sabathia, Perez and Maine as SPs. I will probably have to put one of Hamels or Cain in the deal.

Anyway, here are some possible offers involving ARod:

1) I give ARod $55, DLee $26 and Hamels $10 and I get Berkman $41, Beltran $35 and Lincecum $4

2)I give ARod $55, DLee $26 and Hamels $10 and I get Soriano $52, Rios $13 (or Ludwick $1) and Harden $16 --- this owner is very difficult to deal with, but I think he might take this because he likes ARod. Will Rios or Ludwick perform better down the stretch?

3)I give ARod $55, DLee $26 and Hamels $10 and I get Pujols $43, C Pena $4 and Dempster $4 ---- this owner is more difficult than the owner in deal #2

13 team standard 5x5 league, 2014 salaries listed. Add $3 to keep a player each year (prices are updated for current year). Can only keep $200 worth of players before the 2015 draft, but will have $300 cap after.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
4 of - bruce 22, span 1, pagan 4, byrd 4
dh- encarnacion 7

4 sp- felix 28, ross 20, iwakuma 7, vargas 1
2 rp- benoit 4, kimbrel 24

reserve batters - Goldy 10, segura 7, werth 9, revere 1, francisco 1, howard 12
reserver pitchers - hudson 1, ryu 10, romo 20, darvish 31

Post subject: Re: AROD deals
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 am 

ticklesack wrote:
12 team standard 5x5 roto keeper league, $300 cap, add $3 per keeper

I'm tied for first, W, K, HR, RBI are neck and neck. I can make up ground with SBs, but they're hard to predict. It's a stretch but 10 more SB would be 3 more points for me.

I have Halladay, Lackey, Hamels, Cain, Sabathia, Perez and Maine as SPs. I will probably have to put one of Hamels or Cain in the deal.

Anyway, here are some possible offers involving ARod:

1) I give ARod $55, DLee $26 and Hamels $10 and I get Berkman $41, Beltran $35 and Lincecum $4

2)I give ARod $55, DLee $26 and Hamels $10 and I get Soriano $52, Rios $13 (or Ludwick $1) and Harden $16 --- this owner is very difficult to deal with, but I think he might take this because he likes ARod. Will Rios or Ludwick perform better down the stretch?

3)I give ARod $55, DLee $26 and Hamels $10 and I get Pujols $43, C Pena $4 and Dempster $4 ---- this owner is more difficult than the owner in deal #2

Deal number 2 is the only one that nets you plus in steals and it's pretty fair. Which is to say it's not necessarily in your favor. If steals mean that much, you go for Soriano, Rios and Harden and hope they steal. This move is way riskier for you than for the other guy and I wouldn't do it, but it could net you more steals than you're giving away. Though Lee and Arod could steal 75% of what Soriano and Rios might in September... Ugh, I think I just talked myself out of deal #2 as well. I'd hold tight.

BTW, Ludwick would be a bargain for $4, but he's not getting you steals.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:52 am 

here's what i'm up against. i'll give you my lineup and the 1st place team:

my team - c-b molina, 1b-howard, 2b-cano, 3b-ian stewart, ss-hardy, 4 of-braun, hamilton, taveras, winn/span, dh-arod....4 sp - sabathia, lackey, halladay, hamels/cain, 2 rp - nathan, wood

other team - c-martin, 1b-teix, 2b - alexei ramirez, 3b-wright, ss-reyes, 4 of-holliday, vlad, markakis, sizemore, dh-ortiz, 4 sp - cliff lee, nolasco, santana, sheets (verlander and burnett too), 2 rp - krod, mo rivera

he and i are competing in RBI, W, K and Saves. these are the cats i need to focus on, but at the same time if i can get some extra steals to sneak a few points that be great too.

what if i changed the #2 deal to me giving arod, dlee and cain for soriano, ludwick and harden?

13 team standard 5x5 league, 2014 salaries listed. Add $3 to keep a player each year (prices are updated for current year). Can only keep $200 worth of players before the 2015 draft, but will have $300 cap after.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:58 am 

Eh, I'd still hold tight.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:01 am 

dunno, i also think once the yanks fall out of the contention arod focuses on his divorce more than baseball. i hate dealing him but at his price i keep him maybe one more year and that's it. another problem is i think hamilton may be out of gas. i hate dealing him at such a cheap price. i guess i have a few questions

1-will arod be above average or godly the rest of the way?
2-can ludwick repeat in the years to come or is this a 1 year fluke?
3-is hamilton a fluke?
4-will maybin be called up and make an impact? if so my SB problem will be solved.

i figure if i can score some SBs in the deals i listed, i might be able to swing another deal for a base stealer. just trying to win it all being so close.

what about this- i give ARod $55, DLee $26, Cain $10 and Cano $10 for Soriano $52, Ludwick $4, Harden $16 and Kinsler $10

i know adding Kinsler doesn't help this year, but it definitely makes the deal better for next year.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:54 am 

ticklesack wrote:
dunno, i also think once the yanks fall out of the contention arod focuses on his divorce more than baseball. i hate dealing him but at his price i keep him maybe one more year and that's it. another problem is i think hamilton may be out of gas. i hate dealing him at such a cheap price. i guess i have a few questions

1-will arod be above average or godly the rest of the way?
2-can ludwick repeat in the years to come or is this a 1 year fluke?
3-is hamilton a fluke?
4-will maybin be called up and make an impact? if so my SB problem will be solved.

i figure if i can score some SBs in the deals i listed, i might be able to swing another deal for a base stealer. just trying to win it all being so close.

what about this- i give ARod $55, DLee $26, Cain $10 and Cano $10 for Soriano $52, Ludwick $4, Harden $16 and Kinsler $10

i know adding Kinsler doesn't help this year, but it definitely makes the deal better for next year.

1. Could be and I like his chances a lot more than Soriano.
2. Ludwick's an old prospect and I wouldn't count on him being the same player next year.
3. No, but he does run out of gas in the 2nd half of the year.
4. I wouldn't count on it.

Arod could be a monster in September. He might even play better when the Yanks are out of it. God knows there's history of that.

Soriano may take a days off when the Cubs clinch. They may insist he doesn't steal a base when they clinch. They will clinch fairly early. This is a real problem for you if you get Soriano.