It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hamels/Morneau/Rios for PABST/Vlad/Garza/Scherzer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:32 am 

I'm contemplating this deal (giving Hamels et al, getting PABST et al) mostly to jumpstart my moribund and depressing offense and reignite my interest in life. And by "contemplating" I mean "it's on the table."

I think I can afford to lose Hamels, especially if Scherzer does something useful in the stretch drive in September. I could care less about Garza; in fact, I only included him because the other dude already offered him in a different iteration so I thought his inclusion here might make other dude more amenable to the deal.

Post subject: Re: Hamels/Morneau/Rios for PABST/Vlad/Garza/Scherzer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:47 am 

BaronVonVulturewins wrote:
I'm contemplating this deal (giving Hamels et al, getting PABST et al) mostly to jumpstart my moribund and depressing offense and reignite my interest in life. And by "contemplating" I mean "it's on the table."

I think I can afford to lose Hamels, especially if Scherzer does something useful in the stretch drive in September. I could care less about Garza; in fact, I only included him because the other dude already offered him in a different iteration so I thought his inclusion here might make other dude more amenable to the deal.

So Morneau and Rios for PABST and Vlad? You moving to Anaheim? Roy E. Disney paying for you to race a boat to Hawaii?

Morneau decided to take a dump in August. Rios decided to take a dump this season. How is his top month output for home runs at 4? Who is he, Michael Bourn? Sorry, I'm frustrated for you. I can only imagine how you feel.

I think it's a risky move, but depending on where your team is, you have to make some risky moves this time of year. You definitely should come out with more offense than what you're putting in. If you're desperate, it's a move worth making.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:49 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I moved Hamels when he hit 145 innings,not only wasn't he getting me wins,he was close to entering uncharted territory as far as IP

"I'm glad I don't play anymore. I could never learn all those handshakes."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:35 pm 

I just got offered Derek Lee for Rios straight up. Seems fair but the thought of adding yet another Guy Who's Not Hitting That Many HRs But Might Heat Up But Then Again Probably Not is too depressing.

I've been battling it out for first most of the year (no one really wants it; we're all around 85 points, in a 12 team 10 cat roto, that's pretty bad; it's a race toward mediocrity) and there were many moments this year when I thought, How is this happening? How am I even in this?

My second and third picks were both busts (Upton; Rios); my 5th and 6th picks both lost for the season (Smoltz; Furcal) and my two genius sleeper picks (Francouer; Zimmerman) were laughable disasters. (Seriously, what happened to Frenchy? Seriously.) It's been bailing wire and glue, but Longo's injury has finally done me in. So time for drastic measures, while submarine sinks deeper... I'm hearing that grinding noise the hull makes as you hit the bottom of the sea....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:14 pm 

BaronVonVulturewins wrote:
I just got offered Derek Lee for Rios straight up. Seems fair but the thought of adding yet another Guy Who's Not Hitting That Many HRs But Might Heat Up But Then Again Probably Not is too depressing.

Yeah, and Lee doesn't steal and he's at 1st. Eh.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.