It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: ideas for Glaus
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:58 am 

Are you a Southie? (Don't take that the wrong way, my girlfriend's family are Sox fans and Southies.)

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:01 am 

No and I wouldn't be offended if I were a Southie. There is a character to that area and those from there that is hard to find. - How ya' like them apples?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:05 am 

bsa wrote:
How ya' like them apples?

Ha!

bsa wrote:
There is a character to that area

Definitely. My girlfriend's Mom calls Clay Buchholz -- Fuchholz.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:08 am 

What's she call Beckett after last night and Manny after this past couple of weeks?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:10 am 

OK - the team who had Glaus dropped him when I wouldn't bite. He sent back a crappy offer for Markakis and Alexei Ramirez. I responded that he could have those two for Holliday. Now I have Pence, Ankiel, Granderson, and Markakis for my outfield with Utley at second and Fielder at first. Davis and Baker are also backing up/Utility.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:48 pm 

I'd want Holliday there, but will he do that? Seems unlikely.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:57 am 

When I explained why the players he was trying to move (Pierre, Loney, and Bill Hall) were not good options for Markakis and Alexei he rejected and then threw in the towel at 2 wins for the season. He said he would continue playing but not make any trades and he wants to do a league with some of us next year.

If I put together Markakis and Grandy for a big bat what should I look foe in a trade? Is Grandy a better option for me to include than Markakis?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:57 am 

Those two guys together should get you a bat that they probably won't. Say a first/second rounder. Probably the other person won't want to do that trade, but that's who they should get you.