It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Is this just impatience?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:41 am 

I asked a guy about a small trade for Duscherer because I could use some steadiness on my staff. He said he'd do a 1 for 1 Duscherer for Victorino or consider combo offers. He's not too happy with what he's gotten out of Alex Rios and obviously believes Victorino is an upgrade.

Now, I love having Victorino on my team and won't do that 1 for 1. Victorino has saved my butt since Granderson has been slumping so bad since his hot start. I would like Duscherer though and would consider sending this counter offer...

I send Victorino and Owings

I get Rios and Duscherer

I'm losing patience with Owings who has gotten blown up in his last 3 starts meanwhile Duscherer has been pretty even keel since the beginning. And Rios does not have the MVP's surrounding him in the order that Victorino does but he was a more highly touted OF at the beginning of the season.

What say you?

2B -Ian Kinsler Det - 2B
3B -Evan Longoria TB - 3B
SS - Danny Santana Min - 2B,SS,CF
LF - Carl Crawford LAD - LF
CF -Adam Jones Bal - CF
RF - José Bautista Tor - RF
Util - Nolan Arenado Col - 3B

SP - Francisco Liriano Pit - SP
SP - Andrew Cashner SD - SP,RP
SP -Julio Teherán Atl - SP
SP - Jenrry Mejía NYM - SP,RP
RP - Aroldis Chapman Cin - RP
BE - Mike Fiers Mil - SP,RP
BE - Yusmeiro Petit SF - SP,RP
BE -Yordano Ventura KC - SP
BE - Gerrit Cole Pit - SP
BE - Alex Wood Atl - SP,RP

Post subject: Re: Is this just impatience?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:40 am 

Frank Rizzo wrote:

I get Rios and Duscherer

I would do this trade in a heartbeat. Yup. Git R Done.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:49 am 

Grey wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

I get Rios and Duscherer

Wow. That cut and dry huh? Why is it such a no brainer? You've been talking about how Owings is a hold due to his K/BB rate and Victorino bats in between 3 MVP's. Do you like Rios that much?

2B -Ian Kinsler Det - 2B
CF -Adam Jones Bal - CF

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:03 am 

Yeah, I like Rios better than Victorino. Will hit more home runs, a few less steals, comparable runs, more RBIs and is less injury prone. Also, with Vernon back, it can only help Rios going forward.

Owings and Dook-sheer is close. Dook-sheer has shown that the move to starting isn't hurting his ability to pitch. He is a bit of an injury risk, but these two pitchers are close to a push.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:05 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Grey wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

I get Rios and Duscherer

Wow. That cut and dry huh? Why is it such a no brainer? You've been talking about how Owings is a hold due to his K/BB rate and Victorino bats in between 3 MVP's. Do you like Rios that much?

Yeah, I'm w/ Grey. Good trade for you. Owings has solid peripherals - very few walks, throws lots of strikes. Unfortunately, a lot of those strikes become hits - thus an ERA of 4.00. I have him in a league and tried to move him when his ERA was still in the 3s. Duscherer is an upgrade and will have a much lower ERA/WHIP. Rios may be starting to turn it around, too. His end of the year stats will likely be below what everyone thought/hoped, but look at the numbers next to a Disappointing Rios vs. Hot Hawaiian:

Rios: .272 avg, 3 HR, 25 RBI, 36 R, 15 SB
Victorino: .291 avg, 2 HR, 17 RBI, 41 R, 13 SB

Full disclosure: Rios has played in 13 more games this year. But I still see comparable numbers, with Rios only getting better. I think you win both sides of this trade.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:13 am 

peter wrote:
Yeah, I'm w/ Grey. Good trade for you. Owings has solid peripherals - very few walks, throws lots of strikes. Unfortunately, a lot of those strikes become hits - thus an ERA of 4.00. I have him in a league and tried to move him when his ERA was still in the 3s. Duscherer is an upgrade and will have a much lower ERA/WHIP. Rios may be starting to turn it around, too. His end of the year stats will likely be below what everyone thought/hoped, but look at the numbers next to a Disappointing Rios vs. Hot Hawaiian:

Rios: .272 avg, 3 HR, 25 RBI, 36 R, 15 SB
Victorino: .291 avg, 2 HR, 17 RBI, 41 R, 13 SB

Full disclosure: Rios has played in 13 more games this year. But I still see comparable numbers, with Rios only getting better. I think you win both sides of this trade.

I feel more warm and fuzzy with Duscherer than I do Owings that is true, but full disclosure does tell the tale so far this year. Victorino has done more in a shorter period of time. He is currently the more valuable of the 2.

2B -Ian Kinsler Det - 2B
CF -Adam Jones Bal - CF

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:19 am 

Victorino is definitely the better player up until this point, but I still want Rios going forward.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:31 am 

i say do it. Victorino<Rios

C- Martin 1B- Lee 2B- Kinsler SS -Guillen 3B- Wright OF- Ichiro OF- Crawford OF- Quentin UTIL- Ibanez BENCH- Fukudome, Theriot, C. Ross SP- J. Santana, Sabathia, Hammels, Halladay, Duchscherer, E. Santana RP- Cordero, Wood, Street, Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:35 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Frank Rizzo wrote:
I feel more warm and fuzzy with Duscherer than I do Owings that is true, but full disclosure does tell the tale so far this year. Victorino has done more in a shorter period of time. He is currently the more valuable of the 2.

It's not that much shorter a period - just 13 games. And Rios' pace is only going to improve - I don't see the same happening w/ Victorino. I like Victorino mucho, but I like Rios mas for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:48 am 

Well crap. Looks like I won't be able to make it happen because he doesn't want to offer Rios.

He wants to send me Fukodome/Duscherer for Victorino/Owings

I don't like this at all. Victorino fits well for what I need with Granderson in CF and Abreu in RF, plus McLouth eligible for all fields. Victorino could be used as a fill in or starter very nice at those positions. With Fukodome I'd be giving up the CF eligibility, would lose on SB's, gain on RBI, and be similar otherwise. Rios offered me CF/RF eligibility which I liked a lot.

Should I play hardball and press for Rios or nothing?

2B -Ian Kinsler Det - 2B
CF -Adam Jones Bal - CF