It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Grey, I dealt Hamilton, but got Size, and Size matters...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:24 pm 

according to the BowFlex commercials...

Hamilton/Brian Wilson to him

I get Sizemore.

I love it.

Problem is this. I got Sizemore from the last place team. His brother, is currently in 4th place and is usually a very good fantasy player, this year he is languishing a bit due to a poor draft and a bad trade earlier in the season. I log in yesterday to see a pending trade between the two brothers in which the last place team is trading Liriano (rd 15 keeper), David Price (round 18 keeper), and Ryan Howard (round 1 keeper) to his 4th place team for Giambi, Carl Crawford (rd 1 keeper), and Bedard (round 9 keeper). It was vetoed within 3 hours.

The problem, the last place team has had Ryan Zimmerman at 3B the last month and a half, when he has been obviously hurt, and this obviously shows he didn't give a shit about his team and never checked. The guy has currently 26 points in a 10 team Roto league. To compare, his brother in 4th, is at 92 points.

This is where I feel the collusion issue should be brought up and it's hard to do b/c the 4th place team is a good friend of mine from college and playing college ball together and we both are usually right on with moral issues in fantasy and doing the right thing.

I log in tonight to see my Hamilton for Sizemore deal approved and pending. I also see the same deal as above minus Liriano pending with a comment from my friend, the 4th place team "You can't even tell me this trade is unfair". I still feel it is and I posted on the league messageboard about it. I'm waiting for other owners to chime in their thoughts. The main sticking point is that I will be called out as the 1st place team trading with the last place team and how if the brothers' trade isn't fair, neither should be mine b/c I traded with a team that I called out on being inactive.

We have had discussions and plan to finally kick the other brother out of the league in 2009 and give his team to a more proactive owner who wishes to have it. The 4th place team brother has paid the entry fee for the last place brother the last 2 years. He actually checked last year and finished 8th out of 10, but he did try. This year, none of the sort.

Post subject: Re: Grey, I dealt Hamilton, but got Size, and Size matters...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:37 am 

I think this covers it: (Focus on #2)

http://razzball.com/fantasy-baseball-tr ... rinciples/

I've done what you did before as Rudy explains. Let me know if you want me to expand on anything.

Get rid of the inactive owner. He sucks.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.