2B- BJ Upton
3B- ARod
SS- Christian Guzman
OF- Ichiro
OF- Shane Victorino
OF- Carlos Quentin
Util- J.D. Drew
B- Robinson Cano
B- Aubrey Huff (currently looking to use my 12th place wire priority to swap him for Giambi)
B- Josh Willingham (losing patience)

SP- CC Sabathia
SP- Chad Billingsley
RP- KRod
RP- Franky Cordero (CIN)
P- Jon Rauch
P- Damaso Marte
P- Justin Duchscherererererer
B- Joe Saunders
B- Armando Galarraga
DL- Dustin McGowan (I know.)

I was mired in the basement of this league for the better part of 2.5 months due to CC's awful start among other things (Khalil Green, Gary Sheffield, Paul Konerko, Ivan Rodriguez, Clayton Kershaw, Phil Hughes), but have since moved up the ranks to 5th in striking distance of 2nd. I'm 11th in HR by 1, 8th place in RBI, tied for 10th in Avg. I am, however, 2nd in Steals, 4th in Runs and only out of 1st by 12, 3rd in Wins and Ks within striking distance of 1st in both, 4th in Saves down by 3, up on 5th by 22, and my previously awful ERA and WHIP have boomed to 5th and 4th place, respectively, each competitive for 2nd or 3rd by season's end.

So, I'm being propped up by my pitching, which is kind of suspect (read: Duchscherer/Saunders). Galarraga is a rookie, enough said there and McGowan has a torn rotator cuff, and only occupies my DL slot because no one else is hurt atm.

Can I possibly survive without CC and 5 closers? Marte is shaky, but I'm confident in Rauch, KRod and Cordero as a powerful trio of closers. But Rauch might get traded, and lose that role, which makes Soria intriguing. Figgins would only help me get to 1st place in steals, which is only 1 point, and he might help my lagging average a bit, so his value isn't very high and I'm not unaware of Cano's past two inexplicably quiet, solid months of baseball. Teixeria is also tempting, but is he going to give me more than a Giambi/Cantu or Huff/Cantu platoon for the 2nd half? I want to say no to this, but I'm still on the fence.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: My CC/Cano for his Teixeira/Figgins/Soria
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:36 pm 

Hole Camels wrote:
Standard 12 team Roto, 5x5:

C- Chris Ianetta
1B- Jorge Cantu
2B- BJ Upton
3B- ARod
SS- Christian Guzman
OF- Ichiro
OF- Shane Victorino
OF- Carlos Quentin
Util- J.D. Drew
B- Robinson Cano
B- Aubrey Huff (currently looking to use my 12th place wire priority to swap him for Giambi)
B- Josh Willingham (losing patience)

SP- CC Sabathia
SP- Chad Billingsley
RP- KRod
RP- Franky Cordero (CIN)
P- Jon Rauch
P- Damaso Marte
P- Justin Duchscherererererer
B- Joe Saunders
B- Armando Galarraga
DL- Dustin McGowan (I know.)

I was mired in the basement of this league for the better part of 2.5 months due to CC's awful start among other things (Khalil Green, Gary Sheffield, Paul Konerko, Ivan Rodriguez, Clayton Kershaw, Phil Hughes), but have since moved up the ranks to 5th in striking distance of 2nd. I'm 11th in HR by 1, 8th place in RBI, tied for 10th in Avg. I am, however, 2nd in Steals, 4th in Runs and only out of 1st by 12, 3rd in Wins and Ks within striking distance of 1st in both, 4th in Saves down by 3, up on 5th by 22, and my previously awful ERA and WHIP have boomed to 5th and 4th place, respectively, each competitive for 2nd or 3rd by season's end.

So, I'm being propped up by my pitching, which is kind of suspect (read: Duchscherer/Saunders). Galarraga is a rookie, enough said there and McGowan has a torn rotator cuff, and only occupies my DL slot because no one else is hurt atm.

Can I possibly survive without CC and 5 closers? Marte is shaky, but I'm confident in Rauch, KRod and Cordero as a powerful trio of closers. But Rauch might get traded, and lose that role, which makes Soria intriguing. Figgins would only help me get to 1st place in steals, which is only 1 point, and he might help my lagging average a bit, so his value isn't very high and I'm not unaware of Cano's past two inexplicably quiet, solid months of baseball. Teixeria is also tempting, but is he going to give me more than a Giambi/Cantu or Huff/Cantu platoon for the 2nd half? I want to say no to this, but I'm still on the fence.

Thoughts?

It's not a trade you should make. CC's stabilizing your staff and Cano will be more valuable than Figgins in the 2nd half. Soria is great but it's just saves. You have saves. Marte could get as many saves as Soria int he 2nd half.

Maybe trade Upton for Rollins, slot Cano in at 2nd and Rollins at SS. Cause Guzman, while playing better than is expected, can be upgraded and you have too many hitters on your bench.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:54 pm 

Grey wrote:
It's not a trade you should make. CC's stabilizing your staff and Cano will be more valuable than Figgins in the 2nd half. Soria is great but it's just saves. You have saves. Marte could get as many saves as Soria int he 2nd half.

Maybe trade Upton for Rollins, slot Cano in at 2nd and Rollins at SS. Cause Guzman, while playing better than is expected, can be upgraded and you have too many hitters on your bench.

Hmn. Upton for Rollins, that's an interesting idea but I don't think Rollins' owner will go for it. He's in 1st and has Roberts at 2nd. I was thinking that Upton could move to the OF when Drew gets hurt, or Quentin really falls off the table. That would put Cano at 2nd. Granted, that's IF one of those two things happen, but either or seem pretty likely, no?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:01 pm 

Ok, then you can't get Rollins, but you should fix the Guzman hole at SS.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:27 pm 

Grey wrote:

Considering I only stand to gain 2 points, albeit 2 valuable points, in saves for the rest of the year, I do need average, power and RBIs. I wonder if I paired KRod with Guzman, for say, Hanley Ramirez? If that's not enough, KRod/Upton for Hanely?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:29 pm 

Hole Camels wrote:
Grey wrote:

Considering I only stand to gain 2 points, albeit 2 valuable points, in saves for the rest of the year... while I need average, power and RBIs a. I wonder if I paired KRod with Guzman, for say, Hanley Ramirez? If that's not enough, KRod/Upton for Hanely? I already have ARod, that would be one hell of a duo.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:46 pm 

Hole Camels wrote:
Considering I only stand to gain 2 points, albeit 2 valuable points, in saves for the rest of the year... while I need average, power and RBIs a. I wonder if I paired KRod with Guzman, for say, Hanley Ramirez? If that's not enough, KRod/Upton for Hanely? I already have ARod, that would be one hell of a duo.

I like K-Rod/Upton for Hanley. I think that's a solid trade. I don't think the other one (Guzman/K-Rod) is fair for the other owner, too lopsided.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:56 pm 

Grey wrote:
Hole Camels wrote:

I like K-Rod/Upton for Hanley. I think that's a solid trade. I don't think the other one (Guzman/K-Rod) is fair for the other owner, too lopsided.

I proposed it. There's currently a debate in the league involving the owner of Ramirez. He accepted the offer of Mike Gonzalez for his Javy Vazquez. Another manger in the league spoke out against it and so the posts flow. At any rate, I bet I could have offered him Guzman instead of Upton and he'd have taken it, but it would probably have been vetoed. We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:19 am 

Pfft. He was willing to deal Javy Vazquez for Mike Gonzalez, but wouldn't take KRod and Upton for Hanely. And he needs saves, badly.