It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 3 for 3 deal I was offered...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:07 pm 

Keeper League Roto 10 Team -

I was offered Justin Morneau (3rd round), BJ Upton (14th round), and Shane Victorino (8th round)

for my

Josh Hamilton (10th round), Mark Teixeira (2nd round), and Robinson Cano (4th round)

I'm nearly last in steals, tops in HR's, RBI's, OPS, and AVG. 1st place overall by about 8 points.

My outfield consists of: Hamilton, Holliday, Quentin, Rios, and Delmon Young.

Stick or Move?

Post subject: Re: 3 for 3 deal I was offered...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:31 pm 

I think you'd come out ahead, but at the same time it's more movement than I'd be willing to make in the position you're in. You just need to make slight tweaks to win, you don't need to overhaul your lineup. I'd try to go after a speed guy with a smaller offer. Say your second OF for Victorino.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:19 pm 

I don't think it's a real big overhaul. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th place teams are respectively 25-30 points behind me. The 2nd place team is within 8 or 9 as I stated and we trade off daily for the lead in the categories I mentioned earlier. The 2nd place team is dead last in saves and dead last in WHIP. He will probably make a trade offer to acquire some closers to jump in the rankings and I think I can counter that by acquiring Upton and Victorino's SB's and jump in SB's.

This is my whole team to give you a broader view:

C: Doumit
1B: Teixeira (round 2)
2B: Cano (round 4)
3B: Aramis Ramirez (round 5, acuired in trade)
SS: Mike Aviles (undrafted)
OF: Hamilton (round 10)
OF: Holliday (round 3)
OF: Quentin (undrafted)
UTL: Rios (round 10, acquired in trade)
UTL: Longoria (round 21)
BN: Joey Votto (round 23)
BN: Delmon Young (round 11, acquired in trade)

SP: Lincecum (round 6)
SP: Billingsley (round 11, acquired in trade)
SP: Lackey (round 7)
RP: Soria (round 14)
RP: Wilson (round 18)
RP: Fuentes (round 25)
BN: Corpas (round 17)
BN: Torres (undrafted)
BN: Ervin Santana (undrafted)
BN: Duchscherer (undrafted)
BN: Guthrie (undrafted)
BN: Baker (round 24)
BN: Wheeler (undrafted)

DL: Furcal
DL: Gallardo (round 12, another owner grew impatient and dropped him, lol)

Minor League: Wieters
Minor League: Scherzer

So far this year, I have dealt away Bedard (round 9), Miggy Cabrera (round 1), Brandon Phillips (round 12), Nate McLouth (undrafted), Scott Kazmir (round 5), Hunter Pence (round 4), Rauch (undrafted), Kershaw (round 24).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:32 pm 

Tony B. wrote:
I don't think it's a real big overhaul. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th place teams are respectively 25-30 points behind me. The 2nd place team is within 8 or 9 as I stated and we trade off daily for the lead in the categories I mentioned earlier. The 2nd place team is dead last in saves and dead last in WHIP. He will probably make a trade offer to acquire some closers to jump in the rankings and I think I can counter that by acquiring Upton and Victorino's SB's and jump in SB's.

This is my whole team to give you a broader view:

C: Doumit
1B: Teixeira (round 2)
2B: Cano (round 4)
3B: Aramis Ramirez (round 5, acquired in trade)
SS: Mike Aviles (undrafted)
OF: Hamilton (round 10)
OF: Holliday (round 3)
OF: Quentin (undrafted)
UTL: Rios (round 10, acquired in trade)
UTL: Longoria (round 21)
BN: Joey Votto (round 23)
BN: Delmon Young (round 11, acquired in trade)

SP: Lincecum (round 6)
SP: Billingsley (round 11, acquired in trade)
SP: Lackey (round 7)
RP: Soria (round 14)
RP: Wilson (round 18)
RP: Fuentes (round 25)
BN: Corpas (round 17)
BN: Torres (undrafted)
BN: Ervin Santana (undrafted)
BN: Duchscherer (undrafted)
BN: Guthrie (undrafted)
BN: Baker (round 24)
BN: Wheeler (undrafted)

DL: Furcal
DL: Gallardo (round 12, another owner grew impatient and dropped him, lol)

Minor League: Wieters
Minor League: Scherzer

So far this year, I have dealt away Bedard (round 9), Miggy Cabrera (round 1), Brandon Phillips (round 12), Nate McLouth (undrafted), Scott Kazmir (round 5), Hunter Pence (round 4), Rauch (undrafted), Kershaw (round 24).

Wow, your team's very solid. Well, if you feel confident making the move, you should. As I said, I like the move and think it favors you, but I personally wouldn't trade that many pieces just for one need. For example, I'd probably just trade one of my closers for Theriot or someone to get steals at SS.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:44 pm 

3 tidbits:

Does Hamilton continue to rake? Unknown. Victorino steals bases in bunches. Known

Does Cano heat up as he always does? Most likely, but Upton is no slouch

Does Morneau stay on par with Teixeira the rest of the year? I say he puts up better numbers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:49 pm 

Hamilton is doing so much more than Victorino that they aren't really in the same ballpark. Has Hamilton shown himself to be injury prone? Yup, but you don't sell him this short because of that. Especially when Victorino's been just as injury prone.

Also, I like Morneau, but there's telltale sign to point at that says, "Yes, Morneau will be better than Tex in the 2nd half."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:59 pm 

What if I could sub Beltran in for Victorino

Hamilton, Cano, Tex

for

Beltran, Upton, Morneau

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:08 pm 

I like it more. It's safer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:12 pm 

Definately, I'll roll with the Beltran version and see what he says. Thanks