It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Trade Deadline Brings a String of Trade Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:18 pm 

12 Team H2H My Roster:

1B: Berkman (DL) Butler (Till Berkman gets off the DL)
2B: Utley
SS: Rollins, Alexei Ramirez
3B: Longoria
OF: Hamilton, Pence, Bourne, Willingham, Hunter (DL), Bruce (DL)

SP: Wainwright, Lowe, Chamberlain, Baker, Blanton, Maholm, Hammel, Maholm
RP: Sherill, Franklin, Capps, Street, Jim Johnson, Chris Perez, Rauch

I'm short at first and shallow at 3rd. I am 2nd in the league in saves. I think my roster is better then it has been but its far enough in now that I should probably do something.

Options:
1. Trade Sherill for Huff
- I trade a guy who will likely lose his closers role for a guy who has been good in the 2nd half in his career.
- I also trade a guy who has been good this year for one who has been bad. Am I buying low or getting a guy who i'll drop in a week?

2. Trade Hamilton for Adrian Gonzolez and Randy Wells
- I Like Gonzo and Hamilton has been Brutal. Wells is a pretty good throwin
- Hamilton is a later pick for keeper consideration but its not a very big deal.
- Gonzo is good long term but there's no reason for anyone to ever throw him a pitch. He's been aweful lately. What do you think of him?

3. If I get Gonzo I will then offer Jimmy Rollins and Lance Berkman to Hanley Ramirez's owner.
- My corps of infielders will be: Gonzo, Utley, Hanley, Longoria and I still have a good chance to win this year.
- Hanley's owner has Derek Lee and Paul Konerko at first so he could use the upgrade.
- Am I giving up too much for this year. I'm 4th (top 4 make playoffs) so I still have a shot for this year and my keepers are solid for next year without the trade.

4. If I can get Hanley I will then try to turn Alexei into a pitcher or another outfielder
- I might target a guy like upton or victorino for the speed lost in rollins, berkman, hamilton and alexei.

I know its a long list but it was a long day at work and I gotta think about something. Which deals do you like, which are you lukewarm on?

C - Russel Martin, Matt Weiters
2B - Gordon Beckham, Chone Figgins, Aaron Hill (DL)
3B - Evan Longoria, Chipper Jones
SS - Troy Tuowitzki
OF - Colby Rasmus, Hunter Pence, Ichiro Suzuki, Rajai Davis, Coco Crisp, Logan Morrison (DL)
SP - Josh Johnson, Josh Beckett, Brett Anderson, Francisco Liriano, Jordan Zimermann, Justin Masterson, Travis Wood, Brandon McCarthy
RP - Chris Perez, Brandon League, John Rauch

Post subject: Re: Trade Deadline Brings a String of Trade Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:22 pm 

Wieters is my catcher by the way. I'm counting on him to come alive in the playoffs and carry me to glory. I'll go down with the ship if I have to at this point.

C - Russel Martin, Matt Weiters
2B - Gordon Beckham, Chone Figgins, Aaron Hill (DL)
3B - Evan Longoria, Chipper Jones
SS - Troy Tuowitzki
OF - Colby Rasmus, Hunter Pence, Ichiro Suzuki, Rajai Davis, Coco Crisp, Logan Morrison (DL)
SP - Josh Johnson, Josh Beckett, Brett Anderson, Francisco Liriano, Jordan Zimermann, Justin Masterson, Travis Wood, Brandon McCarthy
RP - Chris Perez, Brandon League, John Rauch

Post subject: Re: Trade Deadline Brings a String of Trade Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:22 pm 

JewDog31 wrote:
12 Team H2H My Roster:

1B: Berkman (DL) Butler (Till Berkman gets off the DL)
2B: Utley
SS: Rollins, Alexei Ramirez
3B: Longoria
OF: Hamilton, Pence, Bourne, Willingham, Hunter (DL), Bruce (DL)

SP: Wainwright, Lowe, Chamberlain, Baker, Blanton, Maholm, Hammel, Maholm
RP: Sherill, Franklin, Capps, Street, Jim Johnson, Chris Perez, Rauch

I'm short at first and shallow at 3rd. I am 2nd in the league in saves. I think my roster is better then it has been but its far enough in now that I should probably do something.

Options:
1. Trade Sherill for Huff
- I trade a guy who will likely lose his closers role for a guy who has been good in the 2nd half in his career.
- I also trade a guy who has been good this year for one who has been bad. Am I buying low or getting a guy who i'll drop in a week?

2. Trade Hamilton for Adrian Gonzolez and Randy Wells
- I Like Gonzo and Hamilton has been Brutal. Wells is a pretty good throwin
- Hamilton is a later pick for keeper consideration but its not a very big deal.
- Gonzo is good long term but there's no reason for anyone to ever throw him a pitch. He's been aweful lately. What do you think of him?

3. If I get Gonzo I will then offer Jimmy Rollins and Lance Berkman to Hanley Ramirez's owner.
- My corps of infielders will be: Gonzo, Utley, Hanley, Longoria and I still have a good chance to win this year.
- Hanley's owner has Derek Lee and Paul Konerko at first so he could use the upgrade.
- Am I giving up too much for this year. I'm 4th (top 4 make playoffs) so I still have a shot for this year and my keepers are solid for next year without the trade.

4. If I can get Hanley I will then try to turn Alexei into a pitcher or another outfielder
- I might target a guy like upton or victorino for the speed lost in rollins, berkman, hamilton and alexei.

I know its a long list but it was a long day at work and I gotta think about something. Which deals do you like, which are you lukewarm on?

1. I'd take Huff there.

2. I'd take the Gonzo side there.

3. I'd hold Rollins.

Good luck!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.