It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hurting for Avg, strong in power-what to trade?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:40 pm 

Good to be a new member of the forums. I thought I'd post here instead of taking up the comments section, since the players haven't really been discussed lately.

I'm in a 16 team, 5x5 roto league and I have been bouncing around between 1st and 2nd place, despite an incredibly free-falling avg score.

I was just offered a trade of my Ian Kinsler and Torii Hunter for his Aaron Hill, Raul Ibanez, and Doug Davis

I like it, because of everything I've been reading about Torii and Kinsler; namely that Torii probably wont keep up his pace and Kinsler hasn't ever played a full season. I have faith in Ibanez due to his strong second half performance, and Hill would be a AVG upgrade without being too much of drag on anything other than SB.

Basically, I want to maintain 1st or 2nd in the league through the second half, and I know I need to address certain parts of my team. A bonus question would be my SS position. I'm rotating between Peralta, Asdrubal, and Beckham, with none of them playing consistently enough for me to settle on one, and therefore they all usually go 0/4 when I start them. Who should I stick with?

My current points scoring is

R HR RBI SB AVG K W S ERA WHIP
11 16 14 10 4 12 11 14 16 14

My team consists of

C- Suzuki
1b- Miguel Cabrera
2b- Ian Kinsler
SS-Jhonny Peralta
3b- Ryan Zimmerman
OF- Jack Cust
OF- Andre Ethier
OF- Torii Hunter (DL right now)
DH- Mini Donkey Mark Reynolds

BN- Andrew McCutchen
BN- Scott Hairston
BN- Garret Jones
BN- Gordon Beckham

P- Jonathon Papelbon
P- Huston Street
P- Ramon Troncoso
P- Matt Latos
SP- Dan Haren
SP- Josh Beckett
SP- Javier Vasquez
SP- Phil Hughes

DL- Tim Hudson

Appreciate any help you guys can give. Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Hurting for Avg, strong in power-what to trade?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:14 pm 

Lava wrote:
Good to be a new member of the forums. I thought I'd post here instead of taking up the comments section, since the players haven't really been discussed lately.

I'm in a 16 team, 5x5 roto league and I have been bouncing around between 1st and 2nd place, despite an incredibly free-falling avg score.

I was just offered a trade of my Ian Kinsler and Torii Hunter for his Aaron Hill, Raul Ibanez, and Doug Davis

I like it, because of everything I've been reading about Torii and Kinsler; namely that Torii probably wont keep up his pace and Kinsler hasn't ever played a full season. I have faith in Ibanez due to his strong second half performance, and Hill would be a AVG upgrade without being too much of drag on anything other than SB.

Basically, I want to maintain 1st or 2nd in the league through the second half, and I know I need to address certain parts of my team. A bonus question would be my SS position. I'm rotating between Peralta, Asdrubal, and Beckham, with none of them playing consistently enough for me to settle on one, and therefore they all usually go 0/4 when I start them. Who should I stick with?

My current points scoring is

R HR RBI SB AVG K W S ERA WHIP
11 16 14 10 4 12 11 14 16 14

My team consists of

C- Suzuki
1b- Miguel Cabrera
2b- Ian Kinsler
SS-Jhonny Peralta
3b- Ryan Zimmerman
OF- Jack Cust
OF- Andre Ethier
OF- Torii Hunter (DL right now)
DH- Mini Donkey Mark Reynolds

BN- Andrew McCutchen
BN- Scott Hairston
BN- Garret Jones
BN- Gordon Beckham

P- Jonathon Papelbon
P- Huston Street
P- Ramon Troncoso
P- Matt Latos
SP- Dan Haren
SP- Josh Beckett
SP- Javier Vasquez
SP- Phil Hughes

DL- Tim Hudson

Appreciate any help you guys can give. Cheers.

I'd take that trade. I'd stick with Peralta and Beckham, and I don't even see Asubal on your team, but doesn't matter.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:49 pm 

How about the Davis part of the trade? I don't think I have too much use for a marginal starter. I could try to ask for Leo Nunez or Rafael Soriano, but that might be too much.

Also, I'm worried about where the trade might leave me in turns of steals. I know Torii hasn't been running much this year, but Kinsler has been solid. I'd be worried that I'd be trading AVG for SB, and not really getting anywhere.

Asdrubal is on the bench, sorry for the omission, but thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:00 am 

Lava wrote:
How about the Davis part of the trade? I don't think I have too much use for a marginal starter. I could try to ask for Leo Nunez or Rafael Soriano, but that might be too much.

Also, I'm worried about where the trade might leave me in turns of steals. I know Torii hasn't been running much this year, but Kinsler has been solid. I'd be worried that I'd be trading AVG for SB, and not really getting anywhere.

Asdrubal is on the bench, sorry for the omission, but thanks for the help!

Davis is droppable. Try and get more if you can, otherwise take him and drop him. Raul > Torii, Kinsler > Hill... So it's fair.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am 

Well, apparently the owner who proposed the trade to me realized Torii Hunter was all banged up, and backed out. Thanks for the help on the deal anyway.

Any players you think are worth trading to try and get a highish average guy? Would Ichiro be worth pursuing considering the quality of my utility outfielders?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:05 pm 

Sure, obviously Ichiro's great for average.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:02 am 

Reynolds for Ichiro too much, or good considering my power? That is, considering that Reynolds isn't quite all of my power (though he is a lot of it).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:28 am 

Sure, it's fine for your team.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:53 pm 

I was countered with Me: Ethier & Vasquez for his: Ichiro & Lowe

It seems fair, but I don't know that I can give up Vasquez, especially not knowing how Haren will turn out this 2nd half.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:10 pm 

I don't like that trade for you.