It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Trade - Kinsler
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:00 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

First post ever and I am looking for advice... ;)

So Kinsler has me worried that a hangnail is going to get him in the second half and so I was thinking about making some offers in my league with a vision for the second half...how do these sound:

1) Give Kinsler and Votto and get Miggy and Cano. I'm not sure the owner of Miggy will go for this and I may have to bonus a player...and I hate to give up Votto, but Cano's second half numbers look good and my third base is currently held by Peralta. Considering I have Berkman and Pena for 1B already, Votto is at Utility.

2) Give Kinsler and Hamels + a schmohawk (like maybe Millwood) for Utley and Lester...OR if the Lester thing is too much. perhaps just Kinsler and Millwood for Utley. On paper, Kinsler for Utley is a push to a degree, so maybe he jumps.

I am looking for good return, but I also want these to look like solid offers as well...am I giving up too much or not enough? Is there little to be gained either way?

Feel free to tweak this with roster below and thanks in advance

Roster (12 team mixed H2H):
C - Brandon Inge
1B - Lance Berkman
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - Jhonny Peralta
SS - Derek Jeter
IF - Carlos Peña
RF - Matt Holliday
CF - Nate McLouth
RF - Nick Markakis
OF - Bobby Abreu
Utility - Joey Votto
Utility - Garrett Jones

Bench-
Franklin Gutiérrez
Jerry Hairston Jr.
Corey Hart
DL-
Adrián Béltre

Pitchers (4 SP, 2 RP, 3 P)
SP
Javier Vázquez
Cole Hamels
Erik Bedard
Ricky Nolasco
Derek Lowe
Kevin Millwood
RP
Francisco Cordero
Frank Francisco
Trevor Hoffman
Matt Capps
Scott Downs

Post subject: Re: Trade - Kinsler
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:12 pm 

MelkyDischarge wrote:
First post ever and I am looking for advice... ;)

So Kinsler has me worried that a hangnail is going to get him in the second half and so I was thinking about making some offers in my league with a vision for the second half...how do these sound:

1) Give Kinsler and Votto and get Miggy and Cano. I'm not sure the owner of Miggy will go for this and I may have to bonus a player...and I hate to give up Votto, but Cano's second half numbers look good and my third base is currently held by Peralta. Considering I have Berkman and Pena for 1B already, Votto is at Utility.

2) Give Kinsler and Hamels + a schmohawk (like maybe Millwood) for Utley and Lester...OR if the Lester thing is too much. perhaps just Kinsler and Millwood for Utley. On paper, Kinsler for Utley is a push to a degree, so maybe he jumps.

I am looking for good return, but I also want these to look like solid offers as well...am I giving up too much or not enough? Is there little to be gained either way?

Feel free to tweak this with roster below and thanks in advance

Roster (12 team mixed H2H):
C - Brandon Inge
1B - Lance Berkman
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - Jhonny Peralta
SS - Derek Jeter
IF - Carlos Peña
RF - Matt Holliday
CF - Nate McLouth
RF - Nick Markakis
OF - Bobby Abreu
Utility - Joey Votto
Utility - Garrett Jones

Bench-
Franklin Gutiérrez
Jerry Hairston Jr.
Corey Hart
DL-
Adrián Béltre

Pitchers (4 SP, 2 RP, 3 P)
SP
Javier Vázquez
Cole Hamels
Erik Bedard
Ricky Nolasco
Derek Lowe
Kevin Millwood
RP
Francisco Cordero
Frank Francisco
Trevor Hoffman
Matt Capps
Scott Downs

I'd take the Utley and Lester deal (you can throw in Millwood if you like). The Miggy deal is okay, but it's not as solid. You're giving up enough in each deal, just depends what the other person thinks.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:29 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Wow, that was fast! :D Considering you reply to stuff throughout the day, my next question is, do you ever sleep?

Thanks again,
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:05 am 

I like this idea Melky, I own Kinsler and am a little worried about the same thing.

Im considering offering Kinsler, Lackey, and Kazmir for Utley and Felix Hernandez.

Kinsler was my keeper so I could get him in the 5th next year, but Felix was the other guys keeper, so I could get him in the 8th next year.

What do you think Grey? Am I giving up to much for Utley and F-Her? I could offer Wainwright or Garza instead of Lackey.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:09 am 

rollins1 wrote:
I like this idea Melky, I own Kinsler and am a little worried about the same thing.

Im considering offering Kinsler, Lackey, and Kazmir for Utley and Felix Hernandez.

Kinsler was my keeper so I could get him in the 5th next year, but Felix was the other guys keeper, so I could get him in the 8th next year.

What do you think Grey? Am I giving up to much for Utley and F-Her? I could offer Wainwright or Garza instead of Lackey.

I'd take the Utley side there.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:44 pm 

"Im considering offering Kinsler, Lackey, and Kazmir for Utley and Felix Hernandez.

Kinsler was my keeper so I could get him in the 5th next year, but Felix was the other guys keeper, so I could get him in the 8th next year."

You answered this last week and picked the Utley side.

Has anything you've seen in the last week change your mind on that? Like Kinsler being productive again, Lackey having a good start last time out?

The negotiations are still going on for the deal.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:55 pm 

Nope