It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Ryan Ludwick - Fair Trade Offer?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:40 pm 

I was thinking of making a trade for Ryan Ludwick - what are your guys thoughts on what he'll do in the second half?

The owner currently has the outfielder collecting dust on his bench and has missed out on his recent red hot tear. That being said, the owner tends to over value his players so my offer has to be pretty good. Once he gets an offer for a player he begins to realize how good they really are and will begin starting them on a daily basis. Sending a low ball offer won't work and will probably sever any further trade possibilities (already happened to another owner). Also, he is in 5th place and I am in first, so trading with him is no real threat to my success.

Looking at both of our team's below, what do you think is a fair trade offer? I was thinking of offering him Jair Jurrjens and Hunter Pence. I love Pence but already tend to win the BA and steals category each week so I could afford to have a lower BA guy who can give me more RBI/HR. Jurrjens is a keeper in our league so that increases his value a tad. Any other guys you'd look to trade from my team? I know I need to get rid of Kazmir and Price but no one wants them.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Yahoo 10 team, mixed head-to-head league (each team gets to keep 2 player under 25 years old)

Offense scoring (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS) Pitching scoring (W, S, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB)
__________________________________________________________________________________________

My team:
c- Sandoval
1b- Fielder
2b- Aaron Hill
3b- Youkilis
SS- Hanely
0F- Pence
OF- Kemp
OF- Crawford
Util- Pena
Util- Lind

Bench- Hudson / Lopez

SP- Greinke / Lester/ Jurrjens/ Nolasco / Price / Hanson / Wolf / Kazmir/ Correia
RP- Nathan/ K-Rod / Aardsma / Kevin Gregg / Madson/ Nunez

c - Victor Martinez
1st- Russell Branyan
2nd - R. Cano
3rd - B. Inge
SS - Callaspo
OF - A. Soriano
OF - Werth
OF- Ichiro
Util -Thome
Util - Derrick Lee

Bench: Ludwick, A. Rios, C. Blake, W.Taveras, Milky Cabrera
DL: Delgado

SP: Johan Santana, J. Vazquez, Kershaw, Marquis, Bannister, B. Anderson, R. Johnson, Contreras, Washburn
RP: Franklin, Cordero, Hoffman, Hawkins,

Post subject: Re: Ryan Ludwick - Fair Trade Offer?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:46 pm 

fortmaker wrote:
I was thinking of making a trade for Ryan Ludwick - what are your guys thoughts on what he'll do in the second half?

The owner currently has the outfielder collecting dust on his bench and has missed out on his recent red hot tear. That being said, the owner tends to over value his players so my offer has to be pretty good. Once he gets an offer for a player he begins to realize how good they really are and will begin starting them on a daily basis. Sending a low ball offer won't work and will probably sever any further trade possibilities (already happened to another owner). Also, he is in 5th place and I am in first, so trading with him is no real threat to my success.

Looking at both of our team's below, what do you think is a fair trade offer? I was thinking of offering him Jair Jurrjens and Hunter Pence. I love Pence but already tend to win the BA and steals category each week so I could afford to have a lower BA guy who can give me more RBI/HR. Jurrjens is a keeper in our league so that increases his value a tad. Any other guys you'd look to trade from my team? I know I need to get rid of Kazmir and Price but no one wants them.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Yahoo 10 team, mixed head-to-head league (each team gets to keep 2 player under 25 years old)

Offense scoring (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS) Pitching scoring (W, S, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB)
__________________________________________________________________________________________

My team:
c- Sandoval
1b- Fielder
2b- Aaron Hill
3b- Youkilis
SS- Hanely
0F- Pence
OF- Kemp
OF- Crawford
Util- Pena
Util- Lind

Bench- Hudson / Lopez

SP- Greinke / Lester/ Jurrjens/ Nolasco / Price / Hanson / Wolf / Kazmir/ Correia
RP- Nathan/ K-Rod / Aardsma / Kevin Gregg / Madson/ Nunez

c - Victor Martinez
1st- Russell Branyan
2nd - R. Cano
3rd - B. Inge
SS - Callaspo
OF - A. Soriano
OF - Werth
OF- Ichiro
Util -Thome
Util - Derrick Lee

Bench: Ludwick, A. Rios, C. Blake, W.Taveras, Milky Cabrera
DL: Delgado

SP: Johan Santana, J. Vazquez, Kershaw, Marquis, Bannister, B. Anderson, R. Johnson, Contreras, Washburn
RP: Franklin, Cordero, Hoffman, Hawkins,

Jurrjens and Pence seems like overpaying, but I understand what you're trying to do. Maybe try Jurrjens straight up for Ludwick? Maybe this isn't the best trade partner for you?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:15 pm 

Thanks for the response. So do you think Ludwick will have a big second half and finish with similar numbers to his 2008 season? Seems like Puljols is on base every time Ludwich steps in the batters box.

As far as the trade, I knew Jurrjens & Pence was a lot to give up but it seems like people in this league only give up players if they are getting way more in return and it's something they can't refuse. Hardly anyone except me has the courage to make value-for-value trades. Also my thinking was Hunter Pence was a bit lucky so far season and his average will probably drop a lot so I better unload him. Do you agree about Pence offense dropping off a bit?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:06 pm 

Pence's average may drop, but that doesn't mean his power and speed will disappear.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.