It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Selling Ethier
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:29 am 

I had Andre Ethier watch the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" to let him know how I feel. Grey I was glad to see your post today because I have been wondering if people are just a little too excited about this guy.

I'd definitely like to sell him but I'm not sure what to seek out. Is he worth a $12 salad and if so do I want to trade him for one? One idea I was throwing around is packaging him with Grady to try and get a super stud outfielder. Do you guys think I could get away with Sizemore + Ethier for Braun? The only other thing I could think of is that he might be able to get me a Starting Pitcher but I don't think the guys in my league would give up any of their serviceable arms even though they'd like to have this guy. Thoughts?

C- Wieters
1B- Cabrera
2B- Cuddyer
SS- Hanley
3B- Beltre
CI: Ike Davis
MI: Andrus
LF- Tabata
CF- BJ Upton
RF- De Aza
UTIL- Maybin
UTIL-Lind
B: Ackley
B: Dunn
B: Ryan Roberts

P- Greinke
P- Bumgarner
P- Josh Johnson
P- Cain
P- Marcum
P- Walden
P- League
P- Guerra
B- Balfour
B- Johnson
B- Broxton

Post subject: Re: Selling Ethier
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:33 am 

Beane Disciple wrote:
I had Andre Ethier watch the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" to let him know how I feel. Grey I was glad to see your post today because I have been wondering if people are just a little too excited about this guy.

I'd definitely like to sell him but I'm not sure what to seek out. Is he worth a $12 salad and if so do I want to trade him for one? One idea I was throwing around is packaging him with Grady to try and get a super stud outfielder. Do you guys think I could get away with Sizemore + Ethier for Braun? The only other thing I could think of is that he might be able to get me a Starting Pitcher but I don't think the guys in my league would give up any of their serviceable arms even though they'd like to have this guy. Thoughts?

I'd want Braun there and I think it's more than fair to offer that.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:06 am 

I wanted to ask for a little bit more then pull it back if he doesn't bite. I threw this out there:

Give:

Sizemore
Ethier
Andrus

Get:
Braun
Soria

I normally never ever trade to get closers but Soria is a monster for k's, era, whip and I don't think I'm overpaying to get him. I made the case for Andrus, he just started to run and already has racked up 15 bags. So if he says no to that I'll take the Andrus/Soria element out of the deal and throw out the Sizemore/Ethier for Braun offer. I think there's a chance he'll say yes to the initial offer and I think I would be getting more out of it than the latter.

As a wild card if he says no to both I've been considering something else. I know my staff can't afford to lose him but what if I gave him Ethier and Haren for Braun? Couldn't I just use my excess of bats to trade for a front line starter or two? I know Haren's been other-worldly and I covet him to death but he's getting lucky in addition to pitching well right now.

C- Wieters
1B- Cabrera
2B- Cuddyer
SS- Hanley
3B- Beltre
CI: Ike Davis
MI: Andrus
LF- Tabata
CF- BJ Upton
RF- De Aza
UTIL- Maybin
UTIL-Lind
B: Ackley
B: Dunn
B: Ryan Roberts

P- Greinke
P- Bumgarner
P- Josh Johnson
P- Cain
P- Marcum
P- Walden
P- League
P- Guerra
B- Balfour
B- Johnson
B- Broxton

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:24 am 

re: Ethier and Haren for Braun -- I'd take Braun.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.