David Price,
Francisco Liriano,
Tommy Hanson,
Brandon Webb*,

& NOT enough reliable closers:
Jonathan Broxton,
Chad Qualls
Huston Street

I've tried to be patient to see which of the rooks & 2nd year arms would be worth hanging onto. The closers are pretty well distributed throughout the league and are tough to pry away from their owners. I've been trying to deal Liriano after his recently fair starts. My latest attempt: Liriano & Soto (just picked up off waivers as trade bait, I also own V-Mart) - for - Valverde & Hart (my Of is Holliday, Kemp, Sizemore, A. Jones, N. Cruz...so a slumping, traditionally strong 2nd half Hart would be a UTIL luxury) was denied, with a counter offer of Liriano for Hoffman or Rodney. I consider neither of those closers reliable & might not be able to handle the angst that both traditionally provide. But is that what Liriano is now worth? Am I dealing the wrong arm from my starter excess? Or in a H2H format, should I anticipate injuries and carry all of this depth & periodically have a decent Save week? & although there is an acquistion limit in the league, I've always prefered an open P slot to spot start a guy when needed. For instance, Zimmermann (who could be argued as better than Liriano, maybe Price) is available for tomorrow & I'm friggin' locked with too damn many Starters, not enough Closers, & at the almost half way point am just about out of patience! Any advice would be greatly appreciated to revamp my staff... Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Liriano, et al.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:47 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

For the full picture, my Bats are:
C Geovany Soto
1B Mark Teixeira
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Stephen Drew
2B/SS Alexei Ramirez
1B/3B Victor Martinez
OF Matt Holliday
OF Grady Sizemore
OF Matt Kemp
OF Adam Jones
OF Nelson Cruz
UTIL Jorge Cantu
DL Alex Gordon

As I mentioned, Soto was a recent add that has garnished no trade value, so V-Mart will likely soon return to Catcher, Cantu back to 1B/3B & I'll have a UTIL match-up spot to play with. After a sub par last few weeks, is it not time to package a starter with something else for a Closer or Offensive Upgrade? Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:48 pm 

zombie wrote:
In a H2H 10 Team League, I have too many starters:
Chad Billingsley,
Yovani Gallardo,
Adam Wainwright
Josh Johnson,
Max Scherzer,
Chris Carpenter,
David Price,
Francisco Liriano,
Tommy Hanson,
Brandon Webb*,

& NOT enough reliable closers:
Jonathan Broxton,
Chad Qualls
Huston Street

I've tried to be patient to see which of the rooks & 2nd year arms would be worth hanging onto. The closers are pretty well distributed throughout the league and are tough to pry away from their owners. I've been trying to deal Liriano after his recently fair starts. My latest attempt: Liriano & Soto (just picked up off waivers as trade bait, I also own V-Mart) - for - Valverde & Hart (my Of is Holliday, Kemp, Sizemore, A. Jones, N. Cruz...so a slumping, traditionally strong 2nd half Hart would be a UTIL luxury) was denied, with a counter offer of Liriano for Hoffman or Rodney. I consider neither of those closers reliable & might not be able to handle the angst that both traditionally provide. But is that what Liriano is now worth? Am I dealing the wrong arm from my starter excess? Or in a H2H format, should I anticipate injuries and carry all of this depth & periodically have a decent Save week? & although there is an acquisition limit in the league, I've always preferred an open P slot to spot start a guy when needed. For instance, Zimmermann (who could be argued as better than Liriano, maybe Price) is available for tomorrow & I'm friggin' locked with too damn many Starters, not enough Closers, & at the almost half way point am just about out of patience! Any advice would be greatly appreciated to revamp my staff... Thanks!

I'd try to trade Hanson or Price for a decent closer or Hanson and Liriano for a top closer so you also have a free spot. I don't think you're going to get anything for Liriano by himself, at least not right now. If you can get Rodney, I think that's fair and about what you're going to get.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:10 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I thought that Valverde was less than 2nd tier and fair value for Liriano. Would Price for Valverde be selling too low on the starter? I'd think that I might be able to upgrade somewher offensively to offset the pitching imbalance...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:12 pm 

Maybe grab Huff and Valverde? You should get more than Valverde for Price.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:25 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Not needing Trade Bait Soto, would a Price & Soto for Valverde & Hart (otehr team also owns Either, Lind, Pena, Hunter) make sense in consideration of the roster? Or is Hart too streaky & just not worth the aggravation ("day games only" was a laugher)?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:34 pm 

zombie wrote:
Not needing Trade Bait Soto, would a Price & Soto for Valverde & Hart (otehr team also owns Either, Lind, Pena, Hunter) make sense in consideration of the roster? Or is Hart too streaky & just not worth the aggravation ("day games only" was a laugher)?

I'd want Price's side there.