It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Votto for Wright?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:39 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Background: I'm currently in 2nd place in my league, but 15 points behind 1st. I'm leading in 5 out of 7 pitching categories, but the guy in 1st is close behind me in most of them and ahead of me in Ks. His pitching staff includes Wainwright, Gallardo, Carpenter, Wandy, JJ, Broxton, Cueto, and Oswalt, so he's got a good chance of overtaking me in Wins, ERA, WHIP, and QS. Meanwhile, he's dominating the offensive categories, while I'm middle-of-the-pack in most and close to the bottom in Rs.

Another leaguemate has proposed trading me David Wright and Yunel Escobar in exchange for Reynolds, Fuentes, and Weaver. He's willing to negotiate, but he really wants a closer and a slugging 1B. I would love to get my hands on Wright, since I could really use the help in Rs, Hs, SBs, AVG, and OPS, but I don't want to give up Reynolds. I'd like to make an offer involving Votto and a pitcher, but I don't want to give up too much. Which of the following trade offers would be reasonable for Wright and wouldn't harm my pitching staff too much?

Votto & Fuentes (if I traded a RP, I'd pick up Kiko Calero or some other MR)
Votto & Franklin
Votto & Hoffman
Votto & Weaver
Votto & Vazquez

Thanks!

C: Salvador Perez
1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Jose Altuve
SS: Nick Franklin
3B: Ryan Zimmerman
OF: Starling Marte
OF: Shin-Soo Choo
OF: Domonic Brown
UT: Paul Goldschmidt
UT: Giancarlo Stanton
BN: Starlin Castro, Manny Machado, Leonys Martin, Yoenis Cespedes

SP: Cliff Lee
RP: Joe Nathan
P: Greg Holland
P: Chris Perez
P: Bobby Parnell
P: Edward Mujica
P: Jeff Samardzija
P: Kris Medlen
BN: Francisco Liriano, Rick Porcello, Erasmo Ramirez
DL: Brandon Beachy
DL: Michael Pineda

Post subject: Re: Votto for Wright?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 am 

Dingbat wrote:
Background: I'm currently in 2nd place in my league, but 15 points behind 1st. I'm leading in 5 out of 7 pitching categories, but the guy in 1st is close behind me in most of them and ahead of me in Ks. His pitching staff includes Wainwright, Gallardo, Carpenter, Wandy, JJ, Broxton, Cueto, and Oswalt, so he's got a good chance of overtaking me in Wins, ERA, WHIP, and QS. Meanwhile, he's dominating the offensive categories, while I'm middle-of-the-pack in most and close to the bottom in Rs.

Another leaguemate has proposed trading me David Wright and Yunel Escobar in exchange for Reynolds, Fuentes, and Weaver. He's willing to negotiate, but he really wants a closer and a slugging 1B. I would love to get my hands on Wright, since I could really use the help in Rs, Hs, SBs, AVG, and OPS, but I don't want to give up Reynolds. I'd like to make an offer involving Votto and a pitcher, but I don't want to give up too much. Which of the following trade offers would be reasonable for Wright and wouldn't harm my pitching staff too much?

Votto & Fuentes (if I traded a RP, I'd pick up Kiko Calero or some other MR)
Votto & Franklin
Votto & Hoffman
Votto & Weaver
Votto & Vazquez

Thanks!

I'd give up any of those pitchers except Vazquez. I'd offer them in that order.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:00 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thank you!

The irony of the situation is that I offered him Votto & Reynolds for Wright back on May 16th. If he insists on Reynolds over Votto, how would that change the value equation? Do Reynolds' SBs and lack of injury concerns outweigh Votto's AVG?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:11 am 

I'd give up Reynolds for D-Wright.

But maybe I'm just sour that I dropped Reynolds for Phil Effing Hughes back in April.

C: Sal Perez
1B: Butler*
2B: Phillips*
SS: A. Escobar
3B: Sandoval
MI: Altuve
CI: Frazier
OF: Trout*
OF: Bruce*
OF: Des Jennings
OF: Fowler
Util: V-Mart
Bench Bats: Berkman, Chris Carter, Leonys Martin
Minors: B. Hamilton*
Minors: Arenado*
Minors: Eaton
SP: Felix*
SP: Bumgarner*
SP: Morrow
SP: Niese
SP: Minor
RP: Kenley Jansen
RP: Janssen
RP: Fujikawa
Bench Arms: Gee, Cashner, Porcello
Minors: Bauer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:16 am 

Dingbat wrote:
Thank you!

The irony of the situation is that I offered him Votto & Reynolds for Wright back on May 16th. If he insists on Reynolds over Votto, how would that change the value equation? Do Reynolds' SBs and lack of injury concerns outweigh Votto's AVG?

Reynolds's steals may be 10 the rest of the season. Ten steals is one good week from Kaz Matsui. I wouldn't worry about that.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:03 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ugh. The guy with Wright ended up trading him to another manager for Carlos Delgado, David Aardsma, and James Shields. I offered Votto & Fuentes and then Reynolds & Fuentes, but I guess he liked the other offer enough to cut off negotiations.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:10 pm 

he gave away Wright for 50 cents on the dollar. horrible trade

c-Martin, R
c-Castro, J
1b-Rizzo, A
2b-Kipnis, J
3b-Donaldson, J
ss-Ramirez, A
ci-Martinez, V
mi-Dozier, B
of-Jones, A
of-Bautista, J
of-Gomez, C
of-Brantley, M
of-Ellsbury, J
u-Taveras, O

RESERVE HITTERS
Franklin, N
Holt, B
Alcantara, A
Encarnacion, E (DL)

Pitching

p-Hernandez, F
p-Zimmermann, J
p-Gray, S
p-Fister, D
p-Stroman, M
p-Porcello, R
p-Doolittle, S
p-Kimbrel, C
p-Robertson, D

RESERVE PITCHERS
Liriano, F
deGrom, J
Phelps, D
Lee, C (DL)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:06 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Okay, so having failed to land David Wright, I'm now considering other options to make up ground in offensive categories, namely R, H, AVG, and SB:

1) Trade for Ichiro (the guy who has him needs HRs and RBIs -- I might be able to swap Berkman for him)
2) Sit tight and wait for Votto (and hopefully Reyes) to right the ship.

C: Salvador Perez
1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Jose Altuve
SS: Nick Franklin
3B: Ryan Zimmerman
OF: Starling Marte
OF: Shin-Soo Choo
OF: Domonic Brown
UT: Paul Goldschmidt
UT: Giancarlo Stanton
BN: Starlin Castro, Manny Machado, Leonys Martin, Yoenis Cespedes

SP: Cliff Lee
RP: Joe Nathan
P: Greg Holland
P: Chris Perez
P: Bobby Parnell
P: Edward Mujica
P: Jeff Samardzija
P: Kris Medlen
BN: Francisco Liriano, Rick Porcello, Erasmo Ramirez
DL: Brandon Beachy
DL: Michael Pineda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:04 am 

Sit tight for Votto.