It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Current Reyes Value?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:08 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Let's assume that you need to start making some moves to get back into playoff contention and you need to consider trading a star who isn't helping now such as Reyes (I also have ARam on my bench but think I can wait him out). My team has largely started to overcome it's early season obstacles (pitching) but relievers are still killing me and think I could upgrade a couple of my starters.

I am currently tied for last place in my 6 team division but I'm way behind in points which is the tie breaker and the top 4 teams make the playoffs. Unfortunately our divisions are unbalanced and most of the strong teams appear to be in my division as well making this task a bit more difficult. As I said, I'm tied with one team at 3-5 and have two more teams sitting at 5-3 that I have the best chance to catch and am currently playing one of the 5-3 teams now. With 10 games to go in the regular season I don't have to do anything drastic yet but if I were to lose this week and next I could easily be in that position so I'd like to plan ahead.

I've got one owner at the top of my division in need of a shortstop and he has several good starting pitchers such as: Billingsly, J. Johnson, Santana, Gallardo & Lowe

I've got another owner at the top of my division with Greinke, Vasquez, Cain & Lilly

Guy in other division with Verlander & Peavy who only has Escobar

I'm not sure any of these guys will take a chance on Reyes at this point but they are in a better position than I am to sit on him until he get's back. So... after all this long winded explanation what do you think the going rate for Reyes should be at this point considering the circumstances?

Post subject: Re: Current Reyes Value?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:17 am 

I'd try for Bills, hope for Verlander and be happy with Vazquez.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:16 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thanks Grey! The Greinke/Vasquez owner has offered me Vasquez & G. Atkins for Reyes straight up... at this point I don't really have any interest in Atkins but at least I've established the low end range but he also said he'd consider dealing Greinke with a bit of a sweetener... something like Kershaw, Floyd or Hughes. I'm not really interested in giving Kershaw in this but Floyd or Hughes sounds pretty sweet, I'd like to see Wang pitch tonight to get an idea of where Hughes's value goes. Thoughts? Make a move for Greinke and run?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:24 pm 

Make a move for Greinke. I'd give up any of those with Reyes -- Floyd, Hughes then Kershaw, in that order.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:06 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Got it done with a slight curve... Had to give Hairston back in return but it ended up being Greinke, Atkins & Bonderman for Reyes, Floyd & Hairston. Thanks!

On a side issue... at reliever I snatched up Madson to cover Lidge for the next couple weeks and I also have Wood but I'm still a little leary that I'll end up with a back and forth situation between those two once Lidge is eligible to return and I'm looking for some stability for my playoff run so should I consider grabbing a guy like Bailey who is available just in case? Others available are Aardsma, Soriano, Downs, Gregg, Rodney.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:27 pm 

Lose Wang for Bailey. Or hold tight if you can't carry an extra RP.