It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Blockbuster Pre Season Trade???
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:22 pm 

In a 5x5 13 (maybe 14) team league. 25 active roster spots (so deeeeeep). 260$ auction League.

Someone is offering to Trade Cutch.

He is valued at 36 bucks, so he doesnt represent a value... but keeping him would mean that I have one of the top 5 players.

He is asking for my $27 Scherzer. Who I really like. He asked for a 1-1, but I dont wanna do that. If I can get a $15 Trumbo from him as well, is that a trade that is worth it? I am concerned about my Offense, and getting Cutch (only for this upcomming year, unless he blows up to Trout level he will be 43 next year and overpriced... Trumbo would bump up signifigantly after next year as well to 43... Scherzer would only be 34)

My Planned Keepers are (keep 9):
Minor, Mike - 14
Scherzer, Max - 27
Wheeler, Zack - 1
Chapman, Aroldis - 12
Rosenthal, Trevor - 1
Wong, Kolten - 1
Taveras, Oscar - 1

And debating between
Perez, Salvador - 8
Cashner, Andrew - 3
Balfour, Grant - 12
Gee, Dillon - 1 (I am a mets fan and am thinking of keeping Gee out of spite)
Frazier, Todd - 8

Other players he has on his avail (and not sure if he would bite on a 2-1 for scherzer for) are:

Ervin Santana - $1
Huston Street - $10
Alexei Ramirez - $2
Jed Lowrie - $1
Trumbo - $15
Byron Buxton - $1
Latos - $19
Pineda - $1
McCutchen - $36
Kendrys Morales - $10
Lucroy - $11

I wonder if I dangle Scherzer to the league, could I get more? Also, I planned to name my team Crazy Eyez Scherzer... so this trade would mean I need another name.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Blockbuster Pre Season Trade???
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:42 pm 

McCutchen for Scherzer is fair, with Trumbo is more than fair...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: Blockbuster Pre Season Trade???
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:17 am 

Did it.

Got Cutch ($36) and Trumbo($15) for Scherzer ($27) and Prado ($13)

Was not gonna keep Prado... so he was a throw in to get him to say yes. Pretty happy, I loved Scherzer but both players were at their general value so in the end I am getting the better player. I think I got the two better players in teh deal and the only person who represented any value in Trumbo (I have him as about a $22 player).

Thanks for the help, was leaning yes and your approval put it over the top. Looking forward to the rest of the rankings!