It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Good/Bad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:27 pm 

I clearly need 3B help, so I plan on addressing that within the week
Which offers do you like for me/are they fair?

1. Soriano for Bruce/Reynolds
2. Soriano/Reimold for Wright
3. Soriano for Huff/Uggla
4. Reimold for Teahen
5. Reimold for Stewart
6. McLouth/Reimold for Branyan/Werth

Post subject: Re: Good/Bad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:32 pm 

marcheese wrote:
I clearly need 3B help, so I plan on addressing that within the week
Which offers do you like for me/are they fair?

1. Soriano for Bruce/Reynolds
2. Soriano/Reimold for Wright
3. Soriano for Huff/Uggla
4. Reimold for Teahen
5. Reimold for Stewart
6. McLouth/Reimold for Branyan/Werth

I like 1, 2, 5 and 6. They're fair.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:21 pm 

Well 1, 2, and 5 have been rejected. Probably the most offending counters I got in return.. I almost puked, twice.

Got countered...
Howard/Soriano for Wright/Joyce
Soriano/Sizemore/Votto for Wright/Joyce/David Murphy

I'll wait on #6 before I try anything else.

On to something else.. I have 3 closers and 1 holds guy. I want to turn that into 2 saves guys and 2 holds guys. So I was thinking of offering 2 of my closers for 1. The only possibility of this working is for me to offer Street/Valverde for Rivera. However, I don't think this is a good idea for me since Street and Valverde should produce great peripherals such as WHIP and Ks. Any advice? Which combo is best...

1. Offer Valverde/Street for Rivera and roll 2 holds and 2 saves guys if accepted
2. Drop Hawkins when Valverde returns and roll with 3 saves guys and 6 starters (Happ in RP slot) which could increase my chance at winning Ks and Ws
3. Keep everyone, roll with 3 closers and 1 holds guy and hope to squeeze out at least a draw every week (I could add/drop RP every day hoping they pitch. I could just look at their recent pitch history to try and predict if they will pitch the next day - difficult but could pay off!)

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:25 pm 

marcheese wrote:
Well 1, 2, and 5 have been rejected. Probably the most offending counters I got in return.. I almost puked, twice.

Got countered...
Howard/Soriano for Wright/Joyce
Soriano/Sizemore/Votto for Wright/Joyce/David Murphy

I'll wait on #6 before I try anything else.

On to something else.. I have 3 closers and 1 holds guy. I want to turn that into 2 saves guys and 2 holds guys. So I was thinking of offering 2 of my closers for 1. The only possibility of this working is for me to offer Street/Valverde for Rivera. However, I don't think this is a good idea for me since Street and Valverde should produce great peripherals such as WHIP and Ks. Any advice? Which combo is best...

1. Offer Valverde/Street for Rivera and roll 2 holds and 2 saves guys if accepted
2. Drop Hawkins when Valverde returns and roll with 3 saves guys and 6 starters (Happ in RP slot) which could increase my chance at winning Ks and Ws
3. Keep everyone, roll with 3 closers and 1 holds guy and hope to squeeze out at least a draw every week (I could add/drop RP every day hoping they pitch. I could just look at their recent pitch history to try and predict if they will pitch the next day - difficult but could pay off!)

Thanks

1. That trade wouldn't work, but you can try. I'd think more like Lidge/Valverde, which I wouldn't advise.
2. Sure, but what until Valverde is clearly healthy.
3. Eh

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:51 pm 

1. Would you advise Lidge/Valverde for Rivera now?
2. How does Soriano/Reimold for HanRam/Teahen sound? Fair?
3. Is McSchick a sell, or is he due another good week before people coupld potentially believe?
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:17 pm 

marcheese wrote:
1. Would you advise Lidge/Valverde for Rivera now?
2. How does Soriano/Reimold for HanRam/Teahen sound? Fair?
3. Is McSchick a sell, or is he due another good week before people coupld potentially believe?
Thanks

1. I'd take Rivera.
2. Not fair, but neither is #1.
3. I wrote about him in today's roundup.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:59 pm 

I offered up Lidge/Valverde for Rivera. Got this response...

I'm intrigued by the offer, but only once Valverde's Friday return is confirmed. He has a rehab tonight and tomorrow. If Valverde suffers a setback, this doesn't work for me because Lidge's return in 2 weeks is not exactly a certainty and his performance has been awful.

If Valverde is OK, I'm interested. Can you wait until tomorrow night??

Still a good move for me? Wait until tomorrow night?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:00 pm 

Sorry, an add on, but if you think Rivera is the better option than Lidge/Valverde, what's the reasoning? Or is it just based on performance/injuries?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:01 pm 

Lidge is hurt - dump those two bums for Mo if you can..

Little help on my post please?

2nd-Weeks ($9)
SS-Zobrost ($15)
3rd-Moustakes ($6)
MI-M.Young ($3)
CI-Goldschmidt ($25)
OF-J.Upton ($35)
OF-Cain (FA)
OF-A.Gordon ($15)
OF-Pence ($7)
OF-Victorino (Trade)
Util-Rizzo ($14)
B-Maybin ($2), C.Carter ($1), Dido (FA), Bourjos (FA), Cespedes ($27), Ackley (FA)

SP-Price (trade), Medlen ($13)
RP-Balfour ($2), Frieri ($3)
P- R.Cook ($1), Buchholz (FA), Russell (FA), Mujica (FA)
B-Samardzija ($9), Minor ($6), H.Bailey ($3), Beachy (DL)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:48 pm 

Got offered..

Wandy and Barmes for Kershaw and Beckham