Shelby Miller value

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?

Shelby Miller value

Postby Gringo » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:24 am

In a keeper league, what should I expect in return for Shelby Miller? Between him and Harvey, my pitching is going to take a big hit when it comes time for the playoffs. I've already made a couple of offers like Miller and Josh Donaldson for Bumgarner, but they've been turned down. Do I need to shoot for a lower-tier SP or just hold Miller and hope DL stashes like Beachy and Halladay save me in September?
12-team mixed H2H league (keep 6 each year) - 6x6 scoring (+ BB, +HLD)
C - Buster Posey
1B - Anthony Rizzo
2B - Dustin Pedroia
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Jean Segura
IF - Adam Lind
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Jason Heyward
OF - Michael Cuddyer
Util - Desmond Jennings
BN - Kyle Seager, Josh Donaldson, Kendrys Morales, Norichika Aoki

SP - Cole Hamels, Matt Harvey, Jeff Samardzija, Shelby Miller, Hisashi Iwakuma, Matt Moore
RP - Greg Holland, Glen Perkins, Heath Bell, Jim Henderson, Joel Peralta
DL - Brandon Beachy

Re: Shelby Miller value

Postby Mauddib » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:59 am

I think that is about the right tier I would shoot for. Are you targeting teams that might be looking to next year? Teams in it to win this year likely aren't going to want him as much as a team that is rebuilding.

Re: Shelby Miller value

Postby Gringo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:00 am

Thanks for the response. Good to know I'm not barking up the wrong tree. This league is weird with trades. Sometimes it's hard to know which side is being unreasonable.

That's been the plan - find a team at the bottom of the league with a need at 3B or IF so I can pair Miller with one of my spare IF. I guess I haven't found the right match yet. I might put in a bid for Price with one of the teams in the hunt, but that's just because that guy loves the young'uns.

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”