It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Verlander
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:17 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

i think now may be the time to sell high on verlander? he's 5-0 on the month w/ 56Ks in 41 innings w/ a 1.52 & .9 WHIP. is he gonna have a cy young year, or is it really time to cut ties with a dude i picked up off the wire in the first month? i'm trying to package him and volstad for an elite guy. I'm looking at Haren, Sabathia, Halladay, etc. What'd you think of this idea, who are the guys you'd target? Is it even worth it?

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
OF- M.Trout (K+1)/ J.Upton/ B.Moss
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

SP- H.Bailey/ J.Masterson/ F.Liriano/ A.Sanchez/ N.Eovaldi/ H.Iwakuma /I.Kennedy/ C.Kluber/ D.Hutchinson
RP- H.Street/ F.Rodney/ G.Perkins/ M.Lindstrom

DL- T.Walker

Post subject: Re: Verlander
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:30 pm 

the mexicutioner wrote:
i think now may be the time to sell high on verlander? he's 5-0 on the month w/ 56Ks in 41 innings w/ a 1.52 & .9 WHIP. is he gonna have a cy young year, or is it really time to cut ties with a dude i picked up off the wire in the first month? i'm trying to package him and volstad for an elite guy. I'm looking at Haren, Sabathia, Halladay, etc. What'd you think of this idea, who are the guys you'd target? Is it even worth it?

I'd do that trade for CC or Halladay, but not Haren.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:13 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

ok. got a counter offer of halladay and berkman for verlander and pena. berkman's been struggling all season, doesn't even have a single stolen base. but i get a BIG upgrade at pitcher. just worried berkman will be a dud all season. pena is a 6th roung keeper for me, though I doubt I'll keep him, draften j upton in the 8th. anyway, do i do this?

C Russell Martin
1B Justin Morneau
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Evan Longoria
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Torii Hunter/Justin Upton/Shin-Soo Choo
Util Carlos Peña/Adrián Béltre
BN Bobby Abreu/Jerry Hairston Jr.

SP Jake Peavy/Adam Wainwright/Justin Verlander/ Jered Weaver/Chris Volstad/ Jair Jurrjens/ Edwin Jackson
RP Joe Nathan/Brian Fuentes/Scott Downs/Brandon Morrow/Brian Wilson

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

SP- H.Bailey/ J.Masterson/ F.Liriano/ A.Sanchez/ N.Eovaldi/ H.Iwakuma /I.Kennedy/ C.Kluber/ D.Hutchinson

DL- T.Walker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:04 am 

the mexicutioner wrote:
ok. got a counter offer of halladay and berkman for verlander and pena. berkman's been struggling all season, doesn't even have a single stolen base. but i get a BIG upgrade at pitcher. just worried berkman will be a dud all season. pena is a 6th roung keeper for me, though I doubt I'll keep him, draften j upton in the 8th. anyway, do i do this?

C Russell Martin
1B Justin Morneau
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Evan Longoria
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Torii Hunter/Justin Upton/Shin-Soo Choo
Util Carlos Peña/Adrián Béltre
BN Bobby Abreu/Jerry Hairston Jr.

SP Jake Peavy/Adam Wainwright/Justin Verlander/ Jered Weaver/Chris Volstad/ Jair Jurrjens/ Edwin Jackson
RP Joe Nathan/Brian Fuentes/Scott Downs/Brandon Morrow/Brian Wilson

I'd want the Halladay side.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:02 am 

grey, not to be a nag but didn't you recommend that 'nostrathomas' not accept an offer of verlander and volstad for CC when he asked about this like five messages prior to this query? am i missing something?

1B - Fielder
2B - M. Izturis (2B, 3B, SS)
3B - Beltre
SS - S. Drew
OF - Heyward
OF - Markakis
OF - Crisp
Util - C. Jones
Util - Hafner
B - Hosmer
SP - King Felix, Haren
RP - Valverde, Chapman
P - Sabathia, Kuroda, Baker, C. Lewis
B - W. Davis, E. Jackson, Oswalt, Kuo
DL - Cruz, Furcal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:21 am 

Big Jgke wrote:
grey, not to be a nag but didn't you recommend that 'nostrathomas' not accept an offer of verlander and volstad for CC when he asked about this like five messages prior to this query? am i missing something?

I'd want the CC side there. And I'd want the Halladay side of yours. Not sure I understand the discrepancy. He's giving one great pitcher for two. I wouldn't do that. You're giving one risky, although potentially solid pitcher and a first baseman who will hurt you on average for Berkman and Halladay. Am I missing something?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:17 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

nostrathomas is my roommate and fantasy rival. i referred to him as "the handler" in a previous post, his league name (no trading w/ him this season i see). and that guy is confused, cc for verland/volstad is not an even trade, cc side wins. told me (verland/volstad) to trade for cc and nostrathomas (cc) to NOT accept the deal. it's confusing when we both ask the same source for advice. funny.

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

DL- T.Walker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:48 pm 

the mexicutioner wrote:
nostrathomas is my roommate and fantasy rival. i referred to him as "the handler" in a previous post, his league name (no trading w/ him this season i see). and that guy is confused, cc for verland/volstad is not an even trade, cc side wins. told me (verland/volstad) to trade for cc and nostrathomas (cc) to NOT accept the deal. it's confusing when we both ask the same source for advice. funny.

Ah! I was really confused on the handler thing, gotcha.