It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: TRADE: Grey and others, what do you think?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:44 am 

12 teamer H2H
10x10 cats
Pitching: 32 inning min. alot of owners log their innings, have solid stats, and BENCH for the week to take the most cats.
(so pitching isn't as necessary or important, it is but it isnt, got me)

Trades offered to me:

I give up: Greinke & Nolan Arenado

I get: Choo and Josh Willingham

I need offense, not saying willinghams the answer, but choo's been slumping, should come outta that funk soon? Pitching wise if i deal greinke i still have.... matt moore, shelby miller, corbin, tillman, dickey, and a shit ton of closer balfour, soriano, perkins, valverde, veras, and pestano!

It's wild but the kicker in this is Arenado, I just have this feeling the guy could be a 2nd half difference maker.

I also have Giancarlo, Aaron hill, corey hart and middlebrooks coming off the DL soon.

HEY YO! help me out, thanks

Post subject: Re: TRADE: Grey and others, what do you think?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:39 pm 

anyone? lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:46 pm 

I don't like it. Your other SP just doesn't inspire confidence and I wouldn't be dealing a SP unless you are getting one back. If you want Arenado then do a deal that doesn't cost you on of your best pitchers.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:24 am 

thanks for the reply.

you're really that sold on greinke? im not.

A few yrs ago I had the worst year of my life, everyone tanked on my team, i moved my 3 stud SP's to get BRAUN, i went from 11th place to 7th place and just missed the playoffs by streaming pitching..... its H2H and we only need 32 innings and i have 6 closers logging me innings as well.

I dont know. It's hard for me asking questions on this league because others arent in it and dont get it I guess if they've never played in a league similar. I feel most people are geared to 5x5 and this isnt remotely close.

Offensively we roster 3 OF'ers, a whole infield by position and 3 UTL spots, so you have to have a plethora of offense. Pitching is important, but you can make due without it before you can hitting.....in my eyes.

I accepted, any time i can get a hitter like choo for an up and down SP like Greinke, i had to take it.

thanks for the help!