need some expert advice

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
shutupandball

need some expert advice

Postby shutupandball » Fri May 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Currently, I am in talks with 2 owners about a few potential deals. I seem to have them both willing to pull the trigger on the following offers which are contingent on A. cingrani sticking in the rotation (gets the first deal done. owner A is REALLY interested in trading for cingrani) and B. getting the first deal done (as I can use players i receive in trade A to compensate for losses in trade B. and also because owner B is unwilling to make a deal for aaron hill, which he would agree to if he were healthy, so i need to get a healthy top m.i. to make the deal work). my question is are the deals proposed good moves or should i hold?

Trade A. my cingrani, aaron hill (dl), hunter pence, bobby parnell >>> for team A.'s brandon phillips, austin jackson, and rafael soriano

Trade B. (assuming trade A is completed) my ben zobrist, shin soo choo, edward mujica, and homer bailey >>>> for his strasburg and jose reyes (dl).

my thinking is i lose no production in the OF by bringing in austin jackson and losing choo, losing zobrist and gaining brandon phillips, while upgrading at closer from parnell to soriano, starting pitching by upgrading from cingrani to strasburg, and lose pence while gaining reyes. seems like im SUPER winning, but with so many players being exchanged i am not sure. any advice would be very helpful and appreciated.
12 Team,- H2H, weekly most categories (daily management), 6x5 (ops) 1 keeper (10 start max, 30 min innings pitched)

C - Derek Norris
1B - Jose Abreu
2B - Kolten Wong
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Brad Miller
CI - Chris Davis
MI - Dee Gordon
OF - Giancarlo Stanton
OF - Mookie Betts
OF - Jay Bruce
U - Avisail Garcia
BENCH - A.J. Pollock
DL - Travis D'arnaud

(start 9 pitchers)
P - Matt Harvey
P - Jake Arrieta
P - Carlos Carrasco
P - David Robertson
P - Steve Cishek
P - Andrew Cashner
P - Danny Salazar
P - Brad Boxberger
P - Carlos Martinez
Bench - Taijuan Walker, Drew Hutchison, Wade Davis, A.J. Ramos
DL - empty

Mauddib

Re: need some expert advice

Postby Mauddib » Sat May 04, 2013 6:37 am

I like trade one but I don't really like deal two. While I like you getting Strasburg I think you are giving up a lot. Personally I would do the first deal then look around.

mdgross50

Re: need some expert advice

Postby mdgross50 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:46 am

Agreed. That's a lot of value to surrender for Strasburg+injured Reyes.
12 Team Roto Standard 5x5 (always)

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”