It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Berkman trade
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:08 am 

connman wrote:
7 of 8..., that's crazy.

I'm not a veto fan, but I mean your league basically doesn't have a veto if you need 7 of 8 votes. You could do Harper for Bonifacio by those rules and it would go through.

Yeah, I thought about that while making the earlier post. I can see a worse trade than this Berkman one eventually being made.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:00 am 

LOL. Ten minutes to game time and new guy has not inserted Cingrani into his lineup.

He was quick to join and trade. But edit his lineup? Nope. Too difficult. The ratio categories are lost for him no matter what but W and K categories are still in play.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:01 am 

Wallpaper Paterson wrote:
LOL. Ten minutes to game time and new guy has not inserted Cingrani into his lineup.

He was quick to join and trade. But edit his lineup? Nope. Too difficult. The ratio categories are lost for him no matter what but W and K categories are still in play.

Do you know these people outside of this league? Do you even know that the commissioner doesn't actually own both teams now? I'd strongly consider leaving. Lemme guess - the commissioner needed a Catcher too, right? Did the new guy have a clear replacement for Molina? If I'm the last place team in a keeper league, I don't make trades for Berkman.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:38 am 

Charles wrote:
Wallpaper Paterson wrote:

Do you know these people outside of this league? Do you even know that the commissioner doesn't actually own both teams now? I'd strongly consider leaving. Lemme guess - the commissioner needed a Catcher too, right? Did the new guy have a clear replacement for Molina? If I'm the last place team in a keeper league, I don't make trades for Berkman.

Commish had LuCroy and then promptly cut him after the trade. I will have to examine the new guy's roster. I think he had Wieters too.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:30 pm 

Yeah, new dude inherited team with Wieters, Victor Martinez and Y. Molina. Still kinda silly in my opinion to trade two keeper players for one and the one that new dude is receiving is the most unproven of the three.

Other red flags in this league-
Two managers did not show up for the draft and the commissioner drafted their teams! He claimed they gave him their passwords to allow him to select their teams! In a money league? Two people were okay with another person drafting their players? Seems to me these guys would have to give half their winnings to the commissioner should they go on to win. Then if their teams suck? Curse out the commissioner for drafting poorly. Am I right? Unbelievable.

Three days into the league the commissioner announced a change to the settings. No vote. He wanted to stop the streaming of pitchers. Mind you, no streaming was going on anyway and the league was already set up for 7 moves per week. Myself and one other guy bitched and then the commish did not make the change. Claimed ESPN wasn't going to let him make the change anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:33 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Dude..... Where did you find this league, Craig's list?...

Get out man.... Just get out.

C- Sal Perez
1B - Joey Votto
2B - Brian Dozier
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Alexei Ramirez
MI - Kolten Wong
CI - Anthony Rizzo
LF - Mike Trout
CF - Corey Dickerson
RF - Norichika Aoki
OF - Junior Lake
Util - Mike Olt
Bench - Alejandro De Aza
Bench - Abraham Alomonte
DL - Matt Kemp
DL - Cameron Maybin

PITCHERS:
SP - Homer Bailey
SP - Chris Archer
SP - Marco Estrada
RP - Ernesto Frieri
RP - Nate Jones
P - Rick Porcello
P - Drew Hutchinson
P - Brandon McCarthy
DL - Josh Johnson
Bench -Chad Qualls
Bench - Carlos Martinez

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:55 pm 

connman wrote:
Dude..... Where did you find this league, Craig's list?...

Get out man.... Just get out.

Yeah, I am going to leave. I will not pay the entry fee (due May 15; due date was postponed after I voiced concerns last month) and then the commissioner can replace me.

The guy advertised the league at fantasy cafe. Nobody from there joined. He got his friends and coworkers to join. And me. I responded to his advertisements at fantasy cafe even though I do not post there. I was originally told there would be a few other random guys like me in the league but it turned out I was the only outsider. I can see it now. I pay the $50 and then get replaced and the commissioner creates another ESPN account and runs my team passing off the new account as some new random dude.

Last edited by Wallpaper Paterson on Mon May 06, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:57 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

What a waste of your time. Sorry dude

C- Sal Perez
1B - Joey Votto
2B - Brian Dozier
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Alexei Ramirez
MI - Kolten Wong
CI - Anthony Rizzo
LF - Mike Trout
CF - Corey Dickerson
RF - Norichika Aoki
OF - Junior Lake
Util - Mike Olt
Bench - Alejandro De Aza
Bench - Abraham Alomonte
DL - Matt Kemp
DL - Cameron Maybin

PITCHERS:
SP - Homer Bailey
SP - Chris Archer
SP - Marco Estrada
RP - Ernesto Frieri
RP - Nate Jones
P - Rick Porcello
P - Drew Hutchinson
P - Brandon McCarthy
DL - Josh Johnson
Bench -Chad Qualls
Bench - Carlos Martinez

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:12 pm 

connman wrote:
What a waste of your time. Sorry dude

It is okay. I was getting really annoyed with h2h again anyway. Second in the league this past week in Wins and Ks and I lost both categories. Points leagues make the most sense for me due to my dislike for schedule luck in h2h play. Roto is a good challenge for me too. H2H is crazy.

Thank you for your help in this thread.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:22 pm 

The Berkman owner hasn't been making any progress getting out of his hole. His team is 10-56 with some ties. About 36 hours ago I made an offer for Berkman and a pitcher. No response one way or the other. Also the guy wasted Travis Wood's win on Monday due to neglect. This stuff was the last straw.

I essentially resigned today. The entry fee is due tomorrow. I informed the league I am not paying. I explained why. One of the commissioner's friends then ripped me a new asshole. That sure is a way to help win me over.

Another weird thing to note-
the original entry fee due date was April 18. On the 18th I expressed my concerns and said I needed more time to see how the league would shake out. We already had two totally inactive managers (in a 10-teamer) at that time. Much to my utter shock the commissioner announced on the 19th that the due date would be pushed back into May and he himself would have to pay late. In other words, the commissioner had not even paid the entry fee by the original due date. This alone raised many questions.