It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Trade in 20 man Dynasty League
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:33 am 

For Ryan Braun, I received Car-go, Andrus, and Skaggs since the guy was in some cap problems. Since it's difficult to find a decent SS, I'm real happy with Andrus. However, another member wants Andrus and willing to give Ogando, Ruben Tejada, Zach Wheeler, and Trevor Story/or Arenado. I am contending this year, so you think it's worth trading Andrus away? He's on a relatively cheap contract for his talent, but in a PTS league, I am pretty sure Ogando and Tejada can outproduce him right? The main guy I wanted was Wheeler, so what do you guys think?

Post subject: Re: Trade in 20 man Dynasty League
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:43 am 

How much do you have to drop for the trade? It is probably fair but I would want Andrus. SS seams to be high demand in my league too. I don't know if wheeler is really enough and tejada will be a hole you will regret in two weeks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:49 am 

Just for Andrus he's willing to give all that. Ogando is projected at 354 pts, while Andrus is at 433, but Tejada is at 254. I also have Nakajima on the DL. Besides Wheeler, do you think having either Olt, Arenado, D'Arnaud in addition would make it an ok deal? Main thing is pitching gets 5 pts for wins, and Rangers have a good offense to give Ogando some. Rbis/hrs are favored at 1pt/4pts, so Andrus won't provide much of that, but sb's are 2 pts a pop, so that's decent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:16 am 

But it isn't just points in a trade. Who would you drop on a bench to roster all them. Some might be minors, but some aren't all prospects. Tejada is almost 10 less points per week. Even 8-9 is a lot and are you gaining more back in this trade? I don't feel it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:29 am 

Wheeler, and the other prospect pending go to my minor league roster, so that doesn't affect space. Tejada/Ogando for Andrus, I wouldn't need to drop anyone as I have an empty slot. Do you consider Nakajima a decent SS enough to cover if Tejada fails?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:32 am 

I like him better than tejada but not by much. Look at greys rankings. You are dealing with the 29th and 32 best at that position. Basically you are working with well below average players at a position. I don't think this trade is in your best interest. You can trade Andrus, but not at the complete expense of that position

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:07 pm 

Bumped, so I kept Andrus so far. My team is doing really overall, with four aces (Lee, Darvish, Felix, and Shields) along with Cutch, Miggy, Goldy, Car-go, Napoli, Hafner, Getz/Roberts, Choo. He offered Ogando, Wheeler, Arenado, Ruben Tejada just for Andrus in one trade, and in other it was Ryu, Wheeler, Agosta, Tejada. My util spot is my main weakness since Hafner doesnt play everday, and Brantly/Bonifacio/Colvin haven't done anything. In the long run, should I pull the Arenado deal? If Wheeler and Arenado get called up, thats extra points for me. Sure, there is a huge dropoff from Andrus to Tejada, but with an extra pitcher in Ogando, for a PTS league, is it worth it? I guess the main worry is sacrificing my SS, as Tejada/Nakajima aren't really up to par. Sorry for long post, this trade has been on my mind for a while haha.