It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Pujols / King Felix Saga Continues
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:39 am 

SoI finally pulled the trigger on a deal and traded Kris Medlen & Nolan Arando for Will Myers. This is in a 12 man Keeper Leaguer with 7 Minor League slots. Myers can slot into one of those and I couldn't keep Kris Medlen.
Good Deal?

However this brings me back to Albert Pujols & Felix Hernadez. A deal in which I had Medlen/Arando for Machado.
I made that deal simpler and the other owner and I are considering Felix and a 5th round pick (around regular pick 146-158) for Pujols. Albert is 33 and Felix is 27, so I am losing a lot in age. However, I would like some big power at first base and it is Pujols.
With that being said I have a good pick in the upcoming draft so I did a review of the field and tried to figure league keepers and the best SP that might be available is Gallado or Scherzer and the best 1b that might become available are Craig or Teixiera. So in an effort to sum this up, which is the better way to go.

Make the trade and go Pujols & Scherzer/Gallardo/Shields and lose the pick
or skip the deal and go Felix Hernadez & Craig/Teixiera and keep the pick

It seems close.. Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Pujols / King Felix Saga Continues
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:50 am 

Pretty tough. I think what hangs me up is that draft pick. The Pujols and draft a SP is better than Tex/Craig and Felix but that pick is hard to gauge.

I think I might take the risk and do it. The ages might be far apart, I worry that Felix will start declining at an earlier age. So I see both past their peak and on the down hill slide.

Post subject: Re: Pujols / King Felix Saga Continues
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:34 am 

For sure the amount of innings on King Felix's arm does worry me a bit, but I dunno if I see him declining without injury.. Going into his 27 year old season? He might actually increase his production. Really tough call here for me..