12 team H2H Keeper league
Keep 10 MLB players
Keep 8 Minors

Total Bases, R, RBI's, OBP, SB
Wins+QS, K, ERA, WHIP, HOLDS + SV

C, C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 5 OF, U
6 SP, 3 RP
Keepers
Carlos Gonzalez, Ryan Zimmerman, Adrian Gonzalez Hanley Ramirez, Edwin Encarnacion, Matt Holliday, Jose Bautista, Salvator Perez, Cole Hamels, Yovanni Gallardo

Minors
Profar, Wil Myers, Shelby Miller, Anthony Rendon, Mike Olt, Jameson Taillon, Jose Fernandez

So we keep 10 players each so basically the first round in MLB draft this year is like the 13rd round.
I was just offered:

Mike Trout, Buxton(MIN OF prospect), and my 2 first round picks the is (number 8,9) for Carlos Gonzalez, Profar, and round 5 and 7 picks. As much as I like Trout I think I am overpaying here. Losing out on the first 2 picks will not allow me to shore up my pitching as there is a couple of guys i like that won't be there in the second round. Profar has a chance to be great as well at a premium position. What do you think?

Post subject: Re: Trade for Trout?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:29 pm 

Cabby wrote:
12 team H2H Keeper league
Keep 10 MLB players
Keep 8 Minors

Total Bases, R, RBI's, OBP, SB
Wins+QS, K, ERA, WHIP, HOLDS + SV

C, C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 5 OF, U
6 SP, 3 RP
Keepers
Carlos Gonzalez, Ryan Zimmerman, Adrian Gonzalez Hanley Ramirez, Edwin Encarnacion, Matt Holliday, Jose Bautista, Salvator Perez, Cole Hamels, Yovanni Gallardo

Minors
Profar, Wil Myers, Shelby Miller, Anthony Rendon, Mike Olt, Jameson Taillon, Jose Fernandez

So we keep 10 players each so basically the first round in MLB draft this year is like the 13rd round.
I was just offered:

Mike Trout, Buxton(MIN OF prospect), and my 2 first round picks the is (number 8,9) for Carlos Gonzalez, Profar, and round 5 and 7 picks. As much as I like Trout I think I am overpaying here. Losing out on the first 2 picks will not allow me to shore up my pitching as there is a couple of guys i like that won't be there in the second round. Profar has a chance to be great as well at a premium position. What do you think?

You're overpaying a tad... I'd hold...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:58 pm 

Hero I would hold off. I worry that Trout will regress more than people expect.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 am 

Mauddib wrote:
I worry that Trout will regress more than people expect.

again, what basis do you have in that? doing it to be contradictory? not trying to be argumentative, just would like to know your thinking.

if anything, Hamilton will take pressure OFF of Trout to have to reproduce his numbers from last year. It's entirely possible that last year was Trout's FLOOR.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:46 am 

apoxonbothyourhouses wrote:
Mauddib wrote:
I worry that Trout will regress more than people expect.

again, what basis do you have in that? doing it to be contradictory? not trying to be argumentative, just would like to know your thinking.

if anything, Hamilton will take pressure OFF of Trout to have to reproduce his numbers from last year. It's entirely possible that last year was Trout's FLOOR.

History of prospects. There is a reason that they call it the a sophomore slump. Not everyone gets hit with it but many many do. Especially when you consider how young Trout is. For every Braun and Pujols there have been hundreds of guys that take longer to get things going or come out on fire only to regress the next year. Doesn't mean he is going to be worthless but to expect him to have top 5 value just because he did it one year, is counting your chickens.

Add in the fact that Trout had an unbelievable year and there is really no where to go for him but down. The question is how far down will it go. Maybe he is one of those few that will dominate year to year but I am not going to be buying it.

In this deal, CarGo is a top 15 player and Profar is a hell of a prospect and then he loses rounds that he has already said will hurt him come draft time. Just not enough gain in this deal for him to do it. Cargo for Trout straight up then sure I would take it and hope for the best but lose a top prospect and early picks and what do you gain?