Skaggs or Rosenthal

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
joeybelle

Skaggs or Rosenthal

Postby joeybelle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:51 am

As the title says, for next year and the next 2-3 years.

Mauddib

Re: Skaggs or Rosenthal

Postby Mauddib » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Give me Skaggs for both. I think the Diamondbacks will be in more need of a SP so he has a better chance at getting a shot sooner than Rosenthal and his stuff is better for long term success.

I do like Rosenthal but I wouldn't put him in the tier of Skaggs quite yet.

apoxonbothyourhouses

Postby apoxonbothyourhouses » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:14 am

Mauddib wrote:...and his stuff is better for long term success.

ummm, no it's not. Rosenthal's stuff is sick AND better than Skaggs'. The only thing Skaggs has on Rosenthal is that Skaggs is a LHP.

Mauddib

Postby Mauddib » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:00 am

apoxonbothyourhouses wrote:

ummm, no it's not. Rosenthal's stuff is sick AND better than Skaggs'. The only thing Skaggs has on Rosenthal is that Skaggs is a LHP.

I don't see many agreeing with you on this. Go check out John Sickels grades on the two pitchers. Granted he isn't the all knowing but he knows his stuff. He grades Skaggs as and A- and Rosenthal as a B. That is a pretty big difference in grade. Rosenthal can always get that grade up but he still has a long way to go.

apoxonbothyourhouses

Postby apoxonbothyourhouses » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Mauddib wrote:
apoxonbothyourhouses wrote:

I don't see many agreeing with you on this. Go check out John Sickels grades on the two pitchers. Granted he isn't the all knowing but he knows his stuff. He grades Skaggs as and A- and Rosenthal as a B. That is a pretty big difference in grade. Rosenthal can always get that grade up but he still has a long way to go.

but we're not talking about overall pitching grade. you said Skaggs "and his stuff is better stuff". those are YOUR words. Go back and read what Sickels said: Rosenthal's got an "electric" arm. Skaggs? He doesn't say.

HOOTIE

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:23 am

I like Rosenthal
You can't teach 99 mph
Skaggs is ok, but i feel he's a bit overrated

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”