Help valuing Kipnis

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
l-askew-l

Help valuing Kipnis

Postby l-askew-l » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:31 pm

In a 12-team AL only keeper auction league (9 major league and 9 minor league keepers per team), I am evaluating an offer to give up Addison Reed ($ 8) and Salvador Perez ($ 7) for Jason Kipnis ($ 8). I would prefer not to pay so much for Kipnis, but I don't want to end up stuck paying $ 30+ for a 2B (Cano, Kinsler, Pedroia). Even Kendrick and Zobrist went for $ 25+ last year. My minor league draft picks have netted me Hosmer, Lawrie, Trout, and Myers.

It's still early, but I'm hoping to make a decision on this before I start shopping around for other players.
Last edited by l-askew-l on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grey

Re: Help valuing Kipnis

Postby Grey » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Eh, I'd hold there, but it is fair...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

pujolsjunkie

Postby pujolsjunkie » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 am

I'd keep your end. I wouldn't deal Perez straight up for Kipnis.

Mauddib

Postby Mauddib » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:23 am

I am ok with the deal. I think I am higher on Kipnis than a lot of people here are though. I like Perez and in an AL only, catchers will be harder to find but you can say that with any position. I personally don't like keeping catchers. Very few of them turn in the kind of season that is expected of them. I am Royals fan so I hope Perez turns into the next big thing but I am not completely sold that it will happen this year. Where as I can easily see Kipnis moving into the top 5 of 2B this year.

l-askew-l

Postby l-askew-l » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks for the insights. I am leaning towards the taking deal, especially if I can get Perez off of the table. With 9 keepers, I have fallen in love with an IF of Hosmer, Kipnis, Lawrie, and Drew at a combined salary of $ 33-38, which should leave me plenty of money for a Cabrera-ish CI, and Lowrie-ish MI. I usually try to keep my budget to $ 85 for the 6 infield, and $ 85 for the 5 OF & DH, and I usually punt C.

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”