Keeper Trade ?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
Carmackjw

Keeper Trade ?

Postby Carmackjw » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:44 am

I am in a 25 roster league 10 teams 6x6 H2H (obp instead of avg, and the extra catagory is tb / the extra catagory in pitching is holds) with the ability to keep up to 5 guys per yr. When we keep a player we lose a first rd pick. If we keep two we lose our first and second rd pick and so forth. As of right now I have 5 selected keepers (meaning I will lose my first 5 picks and technically begin the draft in the 6th rd. My choice among keepers are: Longo, Cargo, Trout, Tulo, Hanley, King Felix, and Prince. I have decided to keep Longo, Trout, Tulo, Prince, and Cargo as of right now but that is subject to change.

We start 4P, in which I usually run all closers / holds guys, 3SP, and 2 RP. My strategy is to use the 4P spots to lower my whip and era with high K guys rather than running 7 SPs (using all 4 P spots as SPs ) per week.

With that said, I know the owner of Strasburg would be willing to part for possibly Prince. Or maybe a two for two with Prince and a 7th or 8th rd pick for Strasburg and Bruce if I wanted to push for more. What are your thoughts? SHould I just stay hitter heavy and find my pitching later in the draft considering my strategy or should I sacrifice Prince to get Strasburg (a keeper I can keep as long as I want) while aiming to fill the losss of prince later at 1b with somwone like Ike Davis, Goldschimdt or Hosmer)?
10 team 6x6H2H (r,hr,rbi,tb,sb,obp,qs,s,h,era,whip,k)
C Gattis
1 Rizzo
2 Kinsler
SS Tulo
3 Arenado
IF Goldschmidt
LF C Gonzalez
CF Trout
RF Reddick
OF Pollock
UTIL M Sano
SP T Ross
SP Arrieta
SP Syndergaard
P Siegrist
P K Giles
P C Allen
P Papelbon
RP A Miller
RP D Storen

BENCH A Wood
BENCH J Garcia
BENCH Hammel
BENCH S Matz
BENCH McCullers

DL d'Arnaud
DL A Rendon

Mauddib

Re: Keeper Trade ?

Postby Mauddib » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:37 am

First I wouldn't do the deal for Bruce. He isn't better than your other keepers.

As for Strasburg, I am ok with the deal. I think I prefer Felix slightly more but not enough to quibble over. I have done both, keep all hitters or just one SP and I think I prefer having one ace do I would keep one SP if it were me.

Carmackjw

Re: Keeper Trade ?

Postby Carmackjw » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks. All other responses are appreciated as well.
10 team 6x6H2H (r,hr,rbi,tb,sb,obp,qs,s,h,era,whip,k)
C Gattis
1 Rizzo
2 Kinsler
SS Tulo
3 Arenado
IF Goldschmidt
LF C Gonzalez
CF Trout
RF Reddick
OF Pollock
UTIL M Sano
SP T Ross