Wilson for E. Santana?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
tooms
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Wilson for E. Santana?

Postby tooms » Tue May 19, 2009 7:09 pm

I'm looking to trade a closer for a starter. I was offered Ervin Santana for Wilson straight up. Thoughts? The guy who made the offer also has Cueto, Greinke, Garza, J. Johnson and Medlin (plus others). Should I aim higher or is Santana worth the risk here?

12 team 7x7 roto keeper* (add'l cats: KO, OPS & HLD, QS)

Keepers:
1B: L. Berkman
2B: I. Kinsler
3B: D. Wright*
OF: J. Bautista*
OF: J. Hamilton
SP: C. Kershaw*
RP: C. Kimbrel

Minors:
SS: Dee Gordon
SP: Brad Peacock
SP: Henderson Alvarez

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 35332
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Wilson for E. Santana?

Postby Grey » Tue May 19, 2009 7:49 pm

tooms wrote:I'm looking to trade a closer for a starter. I was offered Ervin Santana for Wilson straight up. Thoughts? The guy who made the offer also has Cueto, Greinke, Garza, J. Johnson and Medlin (plus others). Should I aim higher or is Santana worth the risk here?



Ervin's not bad there, but I'd try for Johnson or Cueto, in that order.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

tooms
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Re: Wilson for E. Santana?

Postby tooms » Tue May 19, 2009 8:14 pm

pretty certain he won't trade johnson here, but cueto is a maybe and he is who i was going to counter with anyhow.... so let's see what happens.

12 team 7x7 roto keeper* (add'l cats: KO, OPS & HLD, QS)

Keepers:
1B: L. Berkman
2B: I. Kinsler
3B: D. Wright*
OF: J. Bautista*
OF: J. Hamilton
SP: C. Kershaw*
RP: C. Kimbrel

Minors:
SS: Dee Gordon
SP: Brad Peacock
SP: Henderson Alvarez

tooms
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Re: Wilson for E. Santana?

Postby tooms » Wed May 20, 2009 6:23 am

He countered with Beltre and Wilson for Spilborghs and Cueto... which I'm not going to take... but I wouldn't mind trading Jacobs and Wilson for Cueto and Spilborghs... but I don't think Spilborghs is going to get much playing time right now... Then again I think Jacobs and Wilson for Cueto straight up is fair.... I can try and add Willy Taveras to that, but that will probably be a no go.... Thoughts?

12 team 7x7 roto keeper* (add'l cats: KO, OPS & HLD, QS)

Keepers:
1B: L. Berkman
2B: I. Kinsler
3B: D. Wright*
OF: J. Bautista*
OF: J. Hamilton
SP: C. Kershaw*
RP: C. Kimbrel

Minors:
SS: Dee Gordon
SP: Brad Peacock
SP: Henderson Alvarez

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 35332
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Wilson for E. Santana?

Postby Grey » Wed May 20, 2009 7:40 am

tooms wrote:He countered with Beltre and Wilson for Spilborghs and Cueto... which I'm not going to take... but I wouldn't mind trading Jacobs and Wilson for Cueto and Spilborghs... but I don't think Spilborghs is going to get much playing time right now... Then again I think Jacobs and Wilson for Cueto straight up is fair.... I can try and add Willy Taveras to that, but that will probably be a no go.... Thoughts?


First off, I don't see Jacobs in your team signature. Also don't know how deep this league is. Assuming he's there and this is a 12 team league, both of them for Cueto is fair.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

tooms
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Re: Wilson for E. Santana?

Postby tooms » Wed May 20, 2009 7:49 am

The signature can only have 250 characters, so I can't list my whole team... I added a few more, plus in addition to the players listed... I also have Pedro Alvarez, Buster Posey and Ryan Church. Its a 12 team, 40 man roster, 7x7 roto keeper league. Holds, QS, K's against and OPS count.

I got an offer of Gil Meche for Soria as well, which I don't really like. I made the offer of J. Johnson for Jacobs and Wilson, I don't think he'll take it, but we'll see.

12 team 7x7 roto keeper* (add'l cats: KO, OPS & HLD, QS)

Keepers:
1B: L. Berkman
2B: I. Kinsler
3B: D. Wright*
OF: J. Bautista*
OF: J. Hamilton
SP: C. Kershaw*
RP: C. Kimbrel

Minors:
SS: Dee Gordon
SP: Brad Peacock
SP: Henderson Alvarez

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 35332
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Wilson for E. Santana?

Postby Grey » Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 am

tooms wrote:The signature can only have 250 characters, so I can't list my whole team... I added a few more, plus in addition to the players listed... I also have Pedro Alvarez, Buster Posey and Ryan Church. Its a 12 team, 40 man roster, 7x7 roto keeper league. Holds, QS, K's against and OPS count.

I got an offer of Gil Meche for Soria as well, which I don't really like. I made the offer of J. Johnson for Jacobs and Wilson, I don't think he'll take it, but we'll see.



re: Signature -- Gotcha. I changed the settings. Signatures can be up to 1500 now.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

and1mcgee
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:28 pm

Re: Wilson for E. Santana?

Postby and1mcgee » Wed May 20, 2009 9:18 am

Grey, so it goes Johnson > Cueto > Santana??

the rational? Santana's injury and the other two have great #'s so far? I think all are risky pitchers, but is this their order?

This dude has Cueto and Santana and I offered Pierre/Bailey for Santana. Should I go for Cueto or is it apples for apples, whichever is fine ? thanks!
c - wieters
1b - kung fu panda
2b - espinosa
3b - bautista
ss - reyes
of - bruce
of - cespedes
of - bourjos
util - cuddyer (1b, 2b, of)
util - aramis ramirez
bn - mat gamel
bn - kubel
bn - aaron hill

sp - price
sp - gio gonzalez
sp - ubaldo
rp - capps
rp - clippard
rp - koji uehara
rp -
p - anibal sanchez
p - derek holland
bn - jonathan sanchez
bn - edinson volquez
bn - vance worley
bn - doug fister

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 35332
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Wilson for E. Santana?

Postby Grey » Wed May 20, 2009 9:24 am

and1mcgee wrote:Grey, so it goes Johnson > Cueto > Santana??

the rational? Santana's injury and the other two have great #'s so far? I think all are risky pitchers, but is this their order?

This dude has Cueto and Santana and I offered Pierre/Bailey for Santana. Should I go for Cueto or is it apples for apples, whichever is fine ? thanks!


Yeah, that's how I'd order them. Obviously Ervin can leap frog him if he can show he's back from his injury. I'd go for Cueto, but I'd take Ervin in that trade too.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

tooms
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Re: Wilson for E. Santana?

Postby tooms » Wed May 20, 2009 10:09 am

How about Soria for Webb/Beckett/Vazquez/Lackey/Oswalt or Wilson for Wandy/Lester/Lilly/Verlander/Harang?

12 team 7x7 roto keeper* (add'l cats: KO, OPS & HLD, QS)

Keepers:
1B: L. Berkman
2B: I. Kinsler
3B: D. Wright*
OF: J. Bautista*
OF: J. Hamilton
SP: C. Kershaw*
RP: C. Kimbrel

Minors:
SS: Dee Gordon
SP: Brad Peacock
SP: Henderson Alvarez


Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests