It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Trading deadline lineup help
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:22 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Please take a look and give me your opinion! Grey or anyone else....

Friday's the trade deadline for the 16-team team below. I'm narrowly in 1st (unfamiliar territory for me) but with two teams within 7 points and a total of 5 teams within 22 points. Obviously, I'd like to improve the team in some way before the deadline. Any ideas where I should look to improve?

My standings by category: R 6th, HR 1st, RBI 1st, SB 5th, AVE 8th, OPS 5th .... W 1st, SV 3rd, K 5th, ERA 2nd, WHIP 3rd. I'm about 15 innings over pace but should be OK there.

Obviously, AVE is weakest and I'm in good shape with power ... how about trading a low average power guy like Bruce for AVE help? If so, where? Or dropping, say, Rasmus for SB/AVE help like EY2 (Rasmus doesn't seem tradable)? Jon Jay is usually a guy to pick up and drop, but seeing as how I need AVE he's hard to drop. Does the pitching look OK? I've got a lot o mediocre RPs but they seem to be getting the job done.

Any advice is welcome! Thanks.

1B/OF Adrian Gonzales, Chris Carter
2B Aaron Hill
2B/OF Emilio Bonifacio
2B/SS Josh Rutledge
3B Miguel Cabrera
3B/SS Eduardo Nuñez
OF Adam Jones, Shin-Soo Choo, Hunter Pence, Ben Revere
SP Max Scherzer, Kris Medlen, Jonathon Niese, Matt Moore, Tommy Milone, Chad Billingsley
SP/RP Andrew Cashner
RP Joe Nathan, Greg Holland, Luke Gregerson, Al Alburquerque, Trevor Rosenthal
DL Brandon Beachy, Michael Saunders

14-team 6x5 mixed roto, 1300-inning limit, 22-man roster, redraft
C Salvador Perez
1B Ike Davis
1B/3B/OF Todd Frazier
2B/OF Emilio Bonifacio
2B/SS Josh Rutledge, Danny Espinosa
3B Evan Longoria
OF Justin Upton, Jacoby Ellsbury, Shin-Soo Choo, Starling Marte
SP Max Scherzer, Jonathon Niese, Tommy Milone, AJ Griffin, Chad Billingsley
RP Rafael Soriano, Glen Perkins, Jose Veras, Joaquin Benoit, Luke Gregerson, Edward Mujica
DL Zach Greinke

Post subject: Re: Trading deadline lineup help
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:33 pm 

Just a heads up, you posted in the Football section.

Not sure if Grey will see it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:53 pm 

Enrique wrote:
Please take a look and give me your opinion! Grey or anyone else....

Friday's the trade deadline for the 16-team team below. I'm narrowly in 1st (unfamiliar territory for me) but with two teams within 7 points and a total of 5 teams within 22 points. Obviously, I'd like to improve the team in some way before the deadline. Any ideas where I should look to improve?

My standings by category: R 6th, HR 1st, RBI 1st, SB 5th, AVE 8th, OPS 5th .... W 1st, SV 3rd, K 5th, ERA 2nd, WHIP 3rd. I'm about 15 innings over pace but should be OK there.

Obviously, AVE is weakest and I'm in good shape with power ... how about trading a low average power guy like Bruce for AVE help? If so, where? Or dropping, say, Rasmus for SB/AVE help like EY2 (Rasmus doesn't seem tradable)? Jon Jay is usually a guy to pick up and drop, but seeing as how I need AVE he's hard to drop. Does the pitching look OK? I've got a lot o mediocre RPs but they seem to be getting the job done.

Any advice is welcome! Thanks.

I moved it... I could see dropping Rasmus for Young, but as discussed in the comments on the blog, it's not a move that's going to save things probably... Revere's a better average guy... Sure, try and trade Bruce... Not sure what you can get though.... Your pitching looks great...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:51 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Many thanks Grey -- for the answer and for moving the question (don't know how I ended up in the football section ... I don't even like pro football).

Anyway, I realize that AVE is hard to improve upon in a short time and by only changing a player or two. I have since made the Rasmus-EY2 move (reflected in the signature now) but I was thinking there might be some other idea out there.

I also tried to trade away Bruce for Matt Holliday or Adam Jones (throwing in one of my mediocre relievers) ... let's see what happens.

Yeah, I love my pitching staff for a 16-teamer, at least the starters ... I'm really liking Medlen and was pleased to unload FrankFrank and Anibal in return for Fister. I guess I'll be alright there. And the top guys have been good all year (I focused on Bum and Gio thanks to Razzball)....

One last question: with Desmond coming back, who should I drop? And what are the risks of a bold strategy of keeping Rutledge and trading Desmond based on his name recognition and performance so far? What level hitter could I expect in return?

1B/OF Adrian Gonzales, Chris Carter
2B Aaron Hill
2B/OF Emilio Bonifacio
2B/SS Josh Rutledge
3B Miguel Cabrera
3B/SS Eduardo Nuñez
OF Adam Jones, Shin-Soo Choo, Hunter Pence, Ben Revere
SP Max Scherzer, Kris Medlen, Jonathon Niese, Matt Moore, Tommy Milone, Chad Billingsley
SP/RP Andrew Cashner
RP Joe Nathan, Greg Holland, Luke Gregerson, Al Alburquerque, Trevor Rosenthal
DL Brandon Beachy, Michael Saunders

14-team 6x5 mixed roto, 1300-inning limit, 22-man roster, redraft
C Salvador Perez
1B Ike Davis
1B/3B/OF Todd Frazier
2B/OF Emilio Bonifacio
2B/SS Josh Rutledge, Danny Espinosa
3B Evan Longoria
OF Justin Upton, Jacoby Ellsbury, Shin-Soo Choo, Starling Marte
SP Max Scherzer, Jonathon Niese, Tommy Milone, AJ Griffin, Chad Billingsley
RP Rafael Soriano, Glen Perkins, Jose Veras, Joaquin Benoit, Luke Gregerson, Edward Mujica
DL Zach Greinke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:03 am 

Trade Desmond for a #2 OF or #2 SP... But do it quickly before he returns...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.