It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Final Push
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:58 pm 

I'm in 1st in my 12 tm roto keeper (keep 6 major leaguers, 2 minor leaguers). 2nd & 3rd place are close behind. Looking to pick up some final pieces for the championship. Categories where I need the most help are Saves, K/9, and Quality Starts. Other owner is looking to the future.

I give: Chris Sale, Moustakas, and Skaggs
I get: Gallardo, Aramis Ramirez, and Aroldis Chapman

Probably wouldn't keep Sale (since I'm already planning to keep Felix and MadBum). Wouldn't keep Mous. Could keep Skaggs as a minor leaguer but also have Nolan Arenado and Billy Hamilton (and I prefer to keep minor league bats).

What say you, razzballers?

Post subject: Re: Final Push
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:53 pm 

Sounds decent...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:25 pm 

Better w/o Sale & Yovani or are they about equal ROS? I'm going to need every QS that I can get.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:11 am 

Stumanji wrote:
Better w/o Sale & Yovani or are they about equal ROS? I'm going to need every QS that I can get.

They're about equal for QS, Sale's been much better than him in everything else though...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:24 pm 

Thanks, Grey. I'm pretty comfortably ahead in ERA so I could afford to lose Sale. Despite the recent CWS comments about Sale not getting shut down, if it did happen or even if he missed 2 or 3 starts that could have hurt my staff big time in the QS department. Hopefully YoGa doesn't tie me to the WHIPping post and nets me some QS with high K/9.

Final trade was Sale, Moustakas, Perkins, and Skaggs for Chapman, Aramis, and Gallardo.

Team looks like this for the stretch run (currently in 1st):

C: McCann
1B: Adrian Gonz.
2B: Phillips
SS: Asdrubal
3B: Aramis
MI: Altuve
CI: Billy Butler
OF: Trout
OF: Bruce
OF: Crawford
OF: Rios
Util: Cody Ross
Bench: Ortiz (DL, will replace Ross when healthy)
SP: Felix
SP: Bumgarner
SP: Gallardo
SP: Dempster
SP: Matt Harvey
SP/RP: Medlen
RP: Chapman
RP: Greg Holland
RP: Addison Reed
Bench: Frank Frank (SAGNOF insurance)
Bench: Wilton Lopez (SAGNOF insurance)
Bench: Casilla (SAGNOF insurance/wait and see with SF bullpen)
Bench: Marcum (DL)
DL: Cashner (wild card)

CHAMPIONSHIP OR BUST.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:33 pm 

Nice, hopefully you win it all!