P Peavy, Jake
P Samardzija, Jeff
P Motte, Jason
P Cook, Ryan

Bench Axford, John
Bench Garza, Matt
Bench Minor, Mike
Bench Marcum, Shaun (DL)

Even with injuries to Votto, Sandoval, Marcum and Garza I'm currently in first (by 1 point) and want to keep it that way.

Category rankings:
AVG: 2nd
HR: 2nd
RBI: 6th
R: 5th
Steals: 5th
K: 2nd
ERA: 1st
WHIP: 1st
W: 1st
S: 9th

Saves are killing me but not much I can do about that. Already carrying three closers. Anyway, most room I can make up is in runs and RBI. I'm thinking of making some crazy moves to deplete my pitching staff to get the greatest offensive lineup I could dream up. I could solidify AVG and make up some points in runs and RBI. And maybe if Kemp can steal a base without hurting himself...

I have 2 deals on the table where my net would be my Gio, Peavy, Minor and Rutledge for Kemp and Pujols. I would replace Carter with Pujols and start Kemp at DH. When Votto and Panda come back, my offense would be insane but at the cost of my pitching staff: Bumgarner, Marcum (soon, I hope), Garza (sooner, I hope) Milone, and Samardijidijiza. I would have to pay close attention to streamers cause Bum is my only must start of the bunch. But I think I could get away with that pitching staff. At this point in the season, it wouldn't kill my ratios, K's would be tight, and wins are unpredictable. Plus I could always turn around and trade some offense back for pitching.

It's a risky strategy but is it worth it??? Thanks to all in advance.

Post subject: Re: Crazy strategy?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:41 pm 

Sounds like decent trades... You can stream if you need to in your league...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 pm 

Grey wrote:
Sounds like decent trades... You can stream if you need to in your league...

Only difficulty in streaming in my league is waivers and lineups are set weekly so I have to research all possible streamers for the week instead of daily. And the SoN only projects 4 days ahead.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:31 pm 

Yeah, but if you know someone's going on Monday or Tuesday then they're probably going again on the weekend...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:44 am 

If the SoN doesn't project out far enough, just see if anyone is pitching @ SEA, SD, or OAK. I've been picking on the Cubs and Astros often, the Marlins also look like they are going to provide streamer gold (at least until Stanton starts mashing). You can look up the FIPs yourself, and the SoN can provide park factors and the adj run index. Personally, I also check OPS vs LHP/RHP splits for teams as well as the wind (thanks to Fred's awesome article on streaming). Grab MRP like Pestano, Villarreal, and Gregerson who really have no save value but put up a bunch of scoreless innings and Ks. It seems like you're pitching has been great so far, you just have to avoid losing ground, hopefully you are ahead of pace for GS.

qb Wilson
rb McCoy
rb Bernard
wr Colston
wr S. Johnson
te Cook
flex J. Gordon
d/st Jets
k Dawson

bn Tannehill, S. Jackson, Decker, Jones-Drew, Hilton, McGahee

12 Team ESPN Standard non-PPR

qb Brees
rb S. Jackson
rb Bradshaw
wr Cobb
wr Garcon
te Cook
flex D. Richardson
flex P. Thomas
d/st Jets
k Hartley

bn Gronkowski, Decker, Bernard, J. Franklin, Tannehill, McGahee, Turbin, Heyward-Bey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:47 am 

Of course, the night after I started this thread Gio didn't do so good, Samardijadizjidizidija got rocked and Cook.... oh boy. My ERA for the night was 15+. So there goes that.