It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Targeting Gio and Tulo...who to offer?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:14 am 

Other owner said he would give me Tulo and Gio as long as I send him a fair offer.
I'm thinking I should keep Rollins for the stretch run just in case Tulo has any setbacks this year. There are other SS options on my wire though (Aybar (DL), Espinoza, Cozart, Scutaro, Rutledge, Valdespin, Yunel, Drew)

In terms of my position players, I think I can offer Hewyard, Craig, Berkman, Rollins.
The problem with keepin Craig, Berkman - both are injury risks, and both will only get regular playing time if a guy like Beltran gets injured. I like the depth a guy like Craig could offer down the stretch.

Other guy's team:
C - Wieters
1B - A. Gonzalez, LaHair
2B - Uggla
3B - Wright, Reynolds
SS - A. Cabrera, Peralta, Tulowitzki (DL)
OF - Bruce, B.J. Upton, Span, Markakis, Ethier (DL)

SP - Gio, Zimmerman, Hanson, Kennedy, Harrison, Dempster, Detwiler, Lynn, Harang, Holland, Minor, Zito, Danks (DL)
RP - Kimbrel, Perez, Venters (DL), B. Wilson (DL)

I want to offer Reed because I won't keep him at season's end of Jansen or Chapman. There are closer like Greg Holland and Frieri on my wire.

I want to offer just enough to get it approved...I don't mind offering up Haren over Anibal.

How do you like this for an offer?

Sandoval/Berkman/Anibal/Reed for Tulowitzki/Gio?

C - empty (will pick up a hot catcher when ready)
1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre
OF - M. Trout, A. McCutchen, J. Upton
UTIL - G. Stanton, A. Rizzo, B. Harper, empty slot

PITCHERS: SP - S. Strasburg, A. Wainwright, G. Gonzalez, H. Iwakuma, S. Miller, K. Medlen, H. Ryu, M. Garza, A. Cobb, H. Bailey, R. Porcello, M. Estrada, W. Peralta, S. Gray, E. Ramirez
RP - A. Chapman, A. Reed, J. Benoit
N/A slot: M. Pineda. DL - C. Maybin, M. Moore

Post subject: Re: Targeting Gio and Tulo...who to offer?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:48 am 

That offer looks solid for you...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:23 am 

Hi Grey...the other owner I'm trying to deal with is somewhat inactive...

...given that Berkman has knee inflammation I think I need to sweeten the pot...

Gio has been so-so lately...any worries?...should I target Jordan Z. over Gio from this owner?

Anyway...

...here's how I want to change the deal...I need to make some room on my roster to pick u the likes of Straily:

How is: Berkman/Sandoval/Anibal/Addison/Cashner for Tulo/Gio

Would you rather I throw in Harvey, Sheets, Medlen (anyone else) over Cashner?

1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre

PITCHERS: SP - S. Strasburg, A. Wainwright, G. Gonzalez, H. Iwakuma, S. Miller, K. Medlen, H. Ryu, M. Garza, A. Cobb, H. Bailey, R. Porcello, M. Estrada, W. Peralta, S. Gray, E. Ramirez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:34 am 

Looks like a chump dump... I'd take Gio's side, no worries on him...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:39 am 

Should I just drop Berkman?

I agree he's a chump right now.

Also, do you think Craig will solidify himself as an every-day player and potential allstar next year and the future?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:42 am 

I have no faith in Craig... Just drop Berkman...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:51 am 

though I know Anibal is a good pitcher...I'm not sure how he'll fair ROS, especially with the Tigers' defense (or lack thereof)

What are your thoughts on Matt Harrison? Can he continue to have a solid ROS?

I canceled the chump dump...will be offering the following:

Craig/Sandoval/Anibal/Reed for Tulo/Gio/Harrison

sound like a plan?

P.S. I will be dropping Berkman

1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:11 pm 

Sounds more fair...