Scarlett Johansson wrote:
12 team keeper (H2H Keep 5), I traded Jay Bruce, Matt Kemp and Tim Lincecum for Alfonso Soriano and crap, i.e. Randy Winn, Jorge Cantu, Kevin Gregg, and Ben Francisco.
Before people scrutinize me, I thought this:
1. I am thin in OF with or without this trade
2. Randy Winn and Matt Kemp have the same EXACT numbers
3. I have questionable closers (Brendan Morrow, Ryan Franklin, Mike Gonzalez?)
4. Tied for first in division at 6-5. Ugh
5. I don't think SP does much in H2H 5-Cat format.
I made this trade to get Soriano in July and next season, and I do not know if I would have kept Jay Bruce or not.
With Soriano, my keepers are A-rod, Fielder, BJ Upton, Soriano and my choice of Russell Martin/Chris B Young/Chad Billingsley/Alex Gordon.
Someone please tell me I am not a complete dope. I figure I will platoon my OF (CBY, Francisco, Winn, Luke Scott, Jason Kubel) until Soriano comes back. Is Bruce that much more valuable than Soriano in keeper?
It's actually a much worse trade for this year. Soriano might be all right next year, but even if he's not, your keepers for next year are fine. As for this year, this trade doesn't help you and you could have gotten much better players.