It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Selling McLouth
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:06 pm 

I'm currently sitting at 3rd place in a 12 team, H2H, 16-category, 10-player keeper league. A team with a bunch of nice pieces (M. Cabrera, J. Santana, Votto, A. Gordon, Markakis, Greinke, Beckett) has solicited offers for a fire sale in order to rebuild for next season (or maybe for a second half push this season).

McLouth has been the CF in my lineup almost every day this season, but I feel that now may be a good time to sell high on him considering he homered earlier this week and his AVG is still hovering around .300. How seriously do folks not named Karabell think McLouth's chances are of keeping his current pace? He's been an absolute steal in value considering I drafted him in the 22nd round. If I deal him, my LF/CF/RF situation still includes: Crawford; Kemp; Frenchy; Delmon Young; and Bourn.

Assuming now is a good time to sell high, what tier of pitchers would be good to go after in a 1:1? If anyone has dealt McLouth lately, what kind of value have you been able to get in return?

Post subject: Re: Selling McLouth
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:52 pm 

VanHammersly wrote:
I'm currently sitting at 3rd place in a 12 team, H2H, 16-category, 10-player keeper league. A team with a bunch of nice pieces (M. Cabrera, J. Santana, Votto, A. Gordon, Markakis, Greinke, Beckett) has solicited offers for a fire sale in order to rebuild for next season (or maybe for a second half push this season).

McLouth has been the CF in my lineup almost every day this season, but I feel that now may be a good time to sell high on him considering he homered earlier this week and his AVG is still hovering around .300. How seriously do folks not named Karabell think McLouth's chances are of keeping his current pace? He's been an absolute steal in value considering I drafted him in the 22nd round. If I deal him, my LF/CF/RF situation still includes: Crawford; Kemp; Frenchy; Delmon Young; and Bourn.

Assuming now is a good time to sell high, what tier of pitchers would be good to go after in a 1:1? If anyone has dealt McLouth lately, what kind of value have you been able to get in return?

Harang Verlander?¿ Haren?¿

Post subject: Re: Selling McLouth
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:41 am 

I agree the Haren/Harang tier is good to shoot for.

How about this potential deal? (same league details as above; 12-team H2H keeper)

Sending McLouth and Salty for Bedard and Adam Jones

The other team has been looking for both a Catcher and Left Fielder, and I feel like Salty and Jones are more or less an even deal with regard to their upside and underachieving thus far in 2008. Jones would probably sit on my bench most nights but his LF and CF flexibility would come in handy. I also believe the other team will be more willing to give up Jones than Lastings or V. Wells.