It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: No trades.... no dice!
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:21 am 

I have an over abundance of OF and offensive guys in general. I hate having Lind ride the Pine. and Lopez is starting to hit the ball well, I can't sit Hill the way he is hitting either. I am very interested in doing a trade, however no on in my league is willing to make a trade except one guy, and he collects Phillies and only wants howard but is unwilling to give me a 1B in return. I am in first place with a 7 point lead right now. It is a 12 team 6X6 (Losses, OPS). I want to get a SS or another solid SP. I like how Scutaro is hitting, but this will not last for long. I guess I might just feel complacent because I don't have anyone to really pick up and I can't make any moves. My team is winning but part of the fun is making moves and I can't make any move. Has anyone been in a league like this that no one wants to make any trades? Any suggestions?

C- Martin
1B - Howard
2B- Aaron hill
3b- Aramis
SS- Scutaro
OF-Beltran, abreu, dye
UTIL- Nelson Cruz, Ibanez
Bench - Dukes, Lind, Jose Lopez, Beltre(I'm keeping him because in case Aramis goes down for awhile with his back, besides no one wants beltre anyways)

P- Lowe, Hoffman, Downs
SP - Greinke, Haren, Josh Johnson
RP - Percival, Franklin
Bench - Maholm
DL - Dice-K, Kuroda

12 team 1 PPR, 5 bonus points for 100 yard rec. and rushing, and 300 yard passing

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
WR - Fitz, hines ward, Louis Murphy
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers
bench - micheal bush, ricky williams, mcfadden, malcolm floyd, Roy Williams, Mike williams (sea)

Post subject: Re: No trades.... no dice!
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:09 am 

cleaver596 wrote:
I have an over abundance of OF and offensive guys in general. I hate having Lind ride the Pine. and Lopez is starting to hit the ball well, I can't sit Hill the way he is hitting either. I am very interested in doing a trade, however no on in my league is willing to make a trade except one guy, and he collects Phillies and only wants howard but is unwilling to give me a 1B in return. I am in first place with a 7 point lead right now. It is a 12 team 6X6 (Losses, OPS). I want to get a SS or another solid SP. I like how Scutaro is hitting, but this will not last for long. I guess I might just feel complacent because I don't have anyone to really pick up and I can't make any moves. My team is winning but part of the fun is making moves and I can't make any move. Has anyone been in a league like this that no one wants to make any trades? Any suggestions?

C- Martin
1B - Howard
2B- Aaron hill
3b- Aramis
SS- Scutaro
OF-Beltran, abreu, dye
Bench - Dukes, Lind, Jose Lopez, Beltre(I'm keeping him because in case Aramis goes down for awhile with his back, besides no one wants beltre anyways)

P- Lowe, Hoffman, Downs
RP - Percival, Franklin
Bench - Maholm
DL - Dice-K, Kuroda

That's pretty lame place to be. Why don't they want to make trades? Is it like this every year with this group of guys? Anyway, don't trade Howard just because the other guy wants him. Scutaro will not be great all year, so upgrading there should be something you look at.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:08 pm 

cleaver596 wrote:

C- Martin
1B - Howard
2B- Aaron hill
3b- Aramis
SS- Scutaro
OF-Beltran, abreu, dye

P- Lowe, Hoffman, Downs
RP - Percival, Franklin
Bench - Maholm
DL - Dice-K, Kuroda

i've been in a league like this and noticed that its better to negotiate in person or on the phone for deals. simply sending trade offers just doesn't get the job done. If you want and it looks like you need help at SS when scutaro falls back to earth i would be looking at tulo or alexei b/c they seem cheap right now. Or talk to the reyes owner see if hes getting fed up and maybe offer beltran who is tearing the cover off the ball then slide one of your many replacement OFs in there. Beltre? Jose Lopez? No one better on FA?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:09 am 

I'm trying to get reyes right now, but I might need to offer the guy more since Jose is one of the only guys doing good. His team is in dissaray with 6 guys on the DL. We only have 2 DL spots and 5 bench spots. So he is hurting. Anyways, I found another team willing to trade, but I worry about his ability to make a good trade. He drafted wieters, price, hanson, and has used 3 of his 5 bench spots to store those guys all year so far. This guy has the same problem I do with too many OF. He wanted to trade me Chris Duncan, Hawpe, and Peavy for Ryan Franklin, Haren, and Dye. Which I decline because why do I need two more OF a stud SP swap? I mean, if you are going to have a pitcher who gets no run support, I may as well stick with the one who is having the better year. That being said, I would like to find a way to land Peavy. that would make my pitching staff rock solid. I have 5 closers right now so I am trying to pawn one or two of them off. This guy has Jason Bay and is willing to trade him. I was wondering where you stand on Bay. Would he be worth trying to trade two of my OF for him? A couple of quality OF and a closer for peavy and Bay? And one final question, who would you rather have this year, peavy or Josh Johnson? Double J is putting up ace numbers but is also gettng no run support(or in the case of his bad outing, good run support as his team comes back to prevent a loss for Johnson)

12 team 1 PPR, 5 bonus points for 100 yard rec. and rushing, and 300 yard passing

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
WR - Fitz, hines ward, Louis Murphy
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers
bench - micheal bush, ricky williams, mcfadden, malcolm floyd, Roy Williams, Mike williams (sea)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:32 am 

I am in the same boat in my league. I agree with a previous post that you need to make phone calls or direct email contact. I have found some of these owners do not pay attention to the team sites. They do not look at the offers send thru the league but will respond to direct emails! It took me 2 weeks to find a trade partner for a solid pitcher. And believe me I send a number of quality offers out

RB: CJ, Darren McFadden BN: B Wells
Flex: LT
TE: Witten, BN: Zack Miller
K: Tynes
D: Atlanta