It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Something has got to give
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Ok Grey and the gang, once again we have a question I already know the answer to. Let's see you think outside the box. What do you do with one Joe Mauer given this roster?

Attachment:
bats mauer.JPG
bats mauer.JPG [ 24.43 KiB | Viewed 94 times ]

Attachment:
arms mauer.JPG
arms mauer.JPG [ 19.43 KiB | Viewed 94 times ]

Peralta is off to a slow start so an upgrade there would be nice. An owner with Jesus Flores has Michael Young so that's an option(!). Target the Theriot/Barmes owner with an Inge deal? Thats definitely trying to sell high but I don't think either of those players are the answer.

Me thinks the answer lies on my own team - cut Hanson and use Inge's eligibility until he craps out. Tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

Post subject: Re: Something has got to give
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:27 pm 

p0rk burn wrote:
Ok Grey and the gang, once again we have a question I already know the answer to. Let's see you think outside the box. What do you do with one Joe Mauer given this roster?

Attachment:
bats mauer.JPG

Attachment:
arms mauer.JPG

Peralta is off to a slow start so an upgrade there would be nice. An owner with Jesus Flores has Michael Young so that's an option(!). Target the Theriot/Barmes owner with an Inge deal? Thats definitely trying to sell high but I don't think either of those players are the answer.

Me thinks the answer lies on my own team - cut Hanson and use Inge's eligibility until he craps out. Tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

I don't like Mauer, obviously, but I think he should net more than Young. You don't have a pressing need, so why not take a gamble on Tulo or Drew? Inge will be fine as your catcher all year.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:53 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Mauer for Tulo seems like something that might get accepted, but the Tulo is already rocking the dreaded two catcher offense with Salty behind the plate and Napoli in the utility slot, at least today.

The bigger problem is I can't do Mauer for Tulo straight up because I won't solve the problem of having one player too many. So Mauer-Tulo-Kick Hanson to the curb.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:08 am 

Mauer and Ibanez for a top outfielder? There's got to be something you can do with Mauer and one of your other guys.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:27 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Something comes to mind alright, but it doesn't fit the family-friendly Razzball theme.