It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: OF for 3B
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:19 pm 

For a 16 team league I have a pretty strong OF I think. I was thinking of moving an OF for a 3B, then plugging Drew into my OF which will give me more flexibility for my Util spot. Right now I can't really drop anyone so I can pick up the hot bat. What sort of value can I get for my OF in a 1-for-1 trade? Which OF should I look to move/who should I be looking to acquire for a 3B?

Post subject: Re: OF for 3B
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:40 pm 

Choo for Zimmerman?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:40 pm 

I personally think that's stretching it, especially considering the guy drafted Zimmerman in the fourth round. He also has a pretty solid outfield so he wouldn't even contemplate this. Any other ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:46 pm 

I have no idea who needs outfielders in your league... How about you give me some possibilities?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:32 pm 

Haha sorry about that, didn't realize how stupid that question really was.

Teams that need OF and their 3B:
Chipper
Guillen
Atkins/Michael Young
Stewart/Felipe/Fields/Blalock
Aramis/Teahen
Huff
Reynolds
Kouz/Miggy/Headley

Quite a few available... Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:36 pm 

marcheese wrote:
Haha sorry about that, didn't realize how stupid that question really was.

Teams that need OF and their 3B:
Chipper
Guillen
Atkins/Michael Young
Stewart/Felipe/Fields/Blalock
Aramis/Teahen
Huff
Reynolds
Kouz/Miggy/Headley

Quite a few available... Any thoughts?

16team h2h 8x8
C Hernandez Napoli 1B Howard 2B Casilla 3B Feliz SS Reyes
MI Asdrubal CI Votto LF Soriano CF McLouth RF Choo OF Murphy Lewis U JD Drew
SP Jimenez Young Guthrie Baker Slowey
RP Valverde Lidge C Perez Hawkins

Murphy for Teahen? For Headley? For Kouz? Lewis or Choo for Stewart? Felipe? Fields? In that order.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:42 am 

Thanks, I'll try those out. Are all of those offers a much needed upgrade over Feliz? Or would the difference between Feliz and any of those guys make this deal pointless?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:50 am 

I can see you have Feliz. I wouldn't have told you a deal that seemed pointless.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:09 pm 

Thanks for all the advice there, Grey. I offered the Murphy trades, no bites - oh well. However, a new opportunity has risen. Another team has stated the following - Trading block: Yankee Heroes available players set to 'David Wright,Mark Reynolds,David DeJesús,Matt Cain,Zack Greinke'

I figure I want to pounce on 2 of those guys, one being Matt Cain and the other either Reynolds or Wright. For Wright/Cain, I'd have to give up Howard/someone which I am willing to do, especially since I have Votto to slide in to my 1B. This is what he needs - Trading block: Yankee Heroes wanted positions set to 'CI,OF,SP,RP'. This is where I definitely offer one of my closers. How does Howard/Lidge for Wright/Cain sound? Or should I try first with Valverde? Do you have any better ideas? Maybe for Reynolds/Cain instead? Here is the rest of his roster...

C Pablo Sandoval (SF - C,1B,3B)
C Rob Johnson (Sea - C)
1B Todd Helton (Col - 1B)
2B Chase Utley (Phi - 2B)
3B David Wright (NYM - 3B)
SS Yunel Escobar (Atl - SS)
CI Mark Reynolds (Ari - 3B)
MI Orlando Cabrera (Oak - SS)
LF Manny Ramírez (LAD - LF)
CF Jacoby Ellsbury (Bos - LF,CF,RF)
RF Jay Bruce (Cin - LF,CF,RF)
OF Colby Rasmus (StL - CF)
OF Michael Cuddyer (Min - RF)
Util David DeJesús (KC - LF,CF,RF)
SP Matt Cain (SF - SP)
SP Zack Greinke (KC - SP)
SP Erik Bedard (Sea - SP)
SP John Maine (NYM - SP)
SP Ian Snell (Pit - SP)
RP J.J. Putz (NYM - RP)
RP Juan Cruz (KC - RP)
RP Jason Motte (StL - RP)
RP Octavio Dotel (CWS - RP)
DL Kenji Johjima (Sea - C) DL

I look forward to your opinion, thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:11 pm 

I like Howard/Lidge for Wright/Cain -- But try first Valverde.