It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: hamilton?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:54 am 

i was wondering your thoughts on josh hamilton this year? i know he is in a slump and has some tender ribs, but was wondering if you thought this would be a good time to buy? the guy who has him is not a rookie and will not give him up for nothing but maybe a joba, dukes or a decent closer and joba or dukes, or something along those lines. personally i would trade carlos lee for him, but i know from your pre season ups you might like lee a bit more. in the draft josh was drafted lower 1st round and i picked up lee in later 2nd round. being that this really is for fun i would like to follow hamilton more than lee, but think lee will be 300 ish with 30 and 100 and wondered if you thought hamilton will rebound to those levels as well? i have dunn as well and since we use obp instead of ave this would be an option but i have high hopes for dunn despite playing in washington. sentimentally i would trade dunn for hamilton but that is emotion and that is why this entire post to have someone step outside my fandom give me some unattached perspective. whaddya think? thanks

Post subject: Re: hamilton?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:58 am 

I wrote so much on Hamilton in the preseason, that I don't want to rehash it here. I would trade Dunn for Hamilton, but I don't think anyone who knows what they're doing is making that trade. I'd also trade Joba and Dukes for Hamilton.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: hamilton?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:35 am 

yeah, people don't deal you their 1st round picks for Joba/Dukes, unless you're in a "short bus" league.

Someone might be able to use a hot start by N.Cruz, packaging him with say J.Shields or a Pence/Dunn/Magg type of player and get Hammy.

2nd-Weeks ($9)
SS-Zobrost ($15)
3rd-Moustakes ($6)
MI-M.Young ($3)
CI-Goldschmidt ($25)
OF-J.Upton ($35)
OF-Cain (FA)
OF-A.Gordon ($15)
OF-Pence ($7)
OF-Victorino (Trade)
Util-Rizzo ($14)
B-Maybin ($2), C.Carter ($1), Dido (FA), Bourjos (FA), Cespedes ($27), Ackley (FA)

SP-Price (trade), Medlen ($13)
RP-Balfour ($2), Frieri ($3)
P- R.Cook ($1), Buchholz (FA), Russell (FA), Mujica (FA)
B-Samardzija ($9), Minor ($6), H.Bailey ($3), Beachy (DL)