It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: trade help
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:46 am 

Taking Grey's advice, i'm trying to get rid of kendrick and Zambrano and pick up Cano, Bruce, and Danks. Would you do the following trade?

trades Howie Kendrick, LAA 2B
trades Chris Duncan, StL 1B
trades Carlos Zambrano, ChC SP
trades Francisco Rodriguez, NYM RP

receive: Robinson Cano, NYY 2B
Jay Bruce, Cin OF
John Danks, CWS SP
Scott Downs, Tor RP

Post subject: Re: trade help
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 am 

Curly Day wrote:
Taking Grey's advice, i'm trying to get rid of kendrick and Zambrano and pick up Cano, Bruce, and Danks. Would you do the following trade?

trades Howie Kendrick, LAA 2B
trades Chris Duncan, StL 1B
trades Carlos Zambrano, ChC SP
trades Francisco Rodriguez, NYM RP

receive: Robinson Cano, NYY 2B
Jay Bruce, Cin OF
John Danks, CWS SP
Scott Downs, Tor RP

It's too many guys moving. K-Rod can get Cano and Bruce. Big Z and Duncan can get Danks and Downs.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:15 am 

So without Howie K, you'd do that?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:16 am 

Or what if i ask for Brian Roberts instead of Cano?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:50 am 

I'm not a fan of Roberts or Kendrick, but I was just saying your trade was giving too many pieces. Break it down into smaller pieces. I like Cano better, fwiw.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:54 pm 

Thanks. He has now countered by asking for Jenks instead of K-Rod, still worthwhile? Why break down a trade if I can get the 3 players I want for 4 that I don't by using the closer as the bait to upgrade each of the other three? He threw in Downs there to bait me, but Downs is not a key for me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:32 pm 

I said break it down, because I thought you might've been able to have more if you did, but the trade's fine. Go for it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:37 pm 

Thank you for your help.