It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 1st Place Overall - Dead Last in SB's
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:15 am 

I've been in 1st in my 10 team roto keeper league for about 2-3 weeks now. I have an absolutely loaded outfield but lack a true SB threat (Furcal being DL'ed hasn't helped). Should I make a deal to land Figgins by trading one of my outfield pieces?
My outfield is currently: Hamilton, Holliday, Pence, Rios, Quentin, and Damon. I drafted Hamilton in round 10 this past year, Pence in round 4. Rios I just acquired in a trade and he was drafted in round 3. Holliday was a keeper from 2007. Damon was picked off the waiver wire before he went on his recent batting binge. I also picked up Quentin up off the wire back in late April.

Due to my league's rules, Quentin cannot be kept b/c he wasn't drafted in 2008. The rule is, any player you add throughout the year who wasn't drafted in the original 25 rounds of our 2008 draft is not eligible to be kept. They keep this rule in effect to allow players like this to be available in next year's draft and to keep the draft fresh and full of legit players even after every team keeps 6 players. Obviously my goal the past 2 years has to been to get players like Quentin, let them build stats, and then ship them off later for pieces I need b/c they can't be kept anyways, but the way Quentin is playing, it's hard letting him go even knowing he can't be kept.

Would you offer Quentin to get Figgins to boost my SB total or should I keep my unfair outfield intact to pile up power numbers and dominate HR's, RBI's, and OPS?

Post subject: Re: 1st Place Overall - Dead Last in SB's
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:02 am 

Tony B. wrote:
I've been in 1st in my 10 team roto keeper league for about 2-3 weeks now. I have an absolutely loaded outfield but lack a true SB threat (Furcal being DL'ed hasn't helped). Should I make a deal to land Figgins by trading one of my outfield pieces?
My outfield is currently: Hamilton, Holliday, Pence, Rios, Quentin, and Damon. I drafted Hamilton in round 10 this past year, Pence in round 4. Rios I just acquired in a trade and he was drafted in round 3. Holliday was a keeper from 2007. Damon was picked off the waiver wire before he went on his recent batting binge. I also picked up Quentin up off the wire back in late April.

Due to my league's rules, Quentin cannot be kept b/c he wasn't drafted in 2008. The rule is, any player you add throughout the year who wasn't drafted in the original 25 rounds of our 2008 draft is not eligible to be kept. They keep this rule in effect to allow players like this to be available in next year's draft and to keep the draft fresh and full of legit players even after every team keeps 6 players. Obviously my goal the past 2 years has to been to get players like Quentin, let them build stats, and then ship them off later for pieces I need b/c they can't be kept anyways, but the way Quentin is playing, it's hard letting him go even knowing he can't be kept.

Would you offer Quentin to get Figgins to boost my SB total or should I keep my unfair outfield intact to pile up power numbers and dominate HR's, RBI's, and OPS?

I think the problem with this trade is who you are going after. Figgins is an injury risk, you don't want him. Go after Pierre, Gomez or Bourn. Someone that can really jack up your steals real quick, then you can ship them off before they start negatively impacting your power categories.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:42 am 

So true, I'll have to explore those options

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:22 am 

Or just forget about steals.... considering you ARE in first place.

12 team league, not keeper, standard 5x5

Miguel Montero
Gaby Sanchez
Rickie Weeks
Kevin Youkilis
Maicer Izturis
Jacoby Ellsbury
Ryan Braun
Chris Young
Aaron Hill
Brennan Boesch
Rafael Furcal