Reyes/Webb for Miggy/Greinke

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
Vince
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:27 pm

Reyes/Webb for Miggy/Greinke

Postby Vince » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:06 am

12 teams, H2H, 5x5, Non Keeper

My lineup:
C: Chris Iannetta
1B: Adrian Gonzalez
2B: Rickie Weeks
SS: Stephen Drew
3B: Miguel Cabrera
OF: Carlos Beltran
OF: Carlos Lee
OF: Corey Hart
Util: Jay Bruce
Bench: Jayson Werth

SP: Roy Oswalt
SP: Adam Wainwright
RP: Brad Lidge
RP: Heath Bell
P: Frank Francisco
P: Fernando Rodney
P: Josh Johnson
Bench: Zack Greinke
Bench: Matt Garza
Bench: Ubaldo Jimenez

I had an unofficial trade offer after negociating with a guy by emails... I posted the original offer there viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2173. But the guy changed his mind and officially offered the following trade instead :

I give Miggy Cabrera and Greinke

I get Jose Reyes and Brandon Webb

Before the season I'd have accepted that... But now I'm worried with Webb's injury... The trade would also leave my team with no 3B and two SS, so it's kinda bad for me...

So, I thought about asking his Reyes and Aramis for my Miggy and Greinke... Fair enough? Would that trade leave me too weak at SP? What I don't like about this counter-offer is that I would lose my best SP so far this year and Stephen Drew would then sit on my bench...
12 teams, H2H, 5x5, Non Keeper

C: Napoli
1B: Teixeira
2B: Phillips
SS: Reyes
3B: A-Rod
OF: Kemp
OF: Holliday
OF: Granderson
Util: Quentin
Bench: BJ Upton

SP: Lincecum, J. Santana, Weaver, Hamels, Dempster, Nolasco, Cueto, Volquez
RP: Aardsma, Nunez, M. Gonzalez

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 33717
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Reyes/Webb for Miggy/Greinke

Postby Grey » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:55 am

Vince wrote:12 teams, H2H, 5x5, Non Keeper

My lineup:
C: Chris Iannetta
1B: Adrian Gonzalez
2B: Rickie Weeks
SS: Stephen Drew
3B: Miguel Cabrera
OF: Carlos Beltran
OF: Carlos Lee
OF: Corey Hart
Util: Jay Bruce
Bench: Jayson Werth

SP: Roy Oswalt
SP: Adam Wainwright
RP: Brad Lidge
RP: Heath Bell
P: Frank Francisco
P: Fernando Rodney
P: Josh Johnson
Bench: Zack Greinke
Bench: Matt Garza
Bench: Ubaldo Jimenez

I had an unofficial trade offer after negociating with a guy by emails... I posted the original offer there viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2173. But the guy changed his mind and officially offered the following trade instead :

I give Miggy Cabrera and Greinke

I get Jose Reyes and Brandon Webb

Before the season I'd have accepted that... But now I'm worried with Webb's injury... The trade would also leave my team with no 3B and two SS, so it's kinda bad for me...

So, I thought about asking his Reyes and Aramis for my Miggy and Greinke... Fair enough? Would that trade leave me too weak at SP? What I don't like about this counter-offer is that I would lose my best SP so far this year and Stephen Drew would then sit on my bench...


I like this trade for you. You can then trade Bruce or Drew for a starter if you need to.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Vince
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Reyes/Webb for Miggy/Greinke

Postby Vince » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Thanks Grey! Do you think that asking for his Jose Reyes, Aramis and Webb in return for my Miggy, Greinke and Stephen Drew would be pushing my luck too far? He seems to want to unload Webb because of his injury...
12 teams, H2H, 5x5, Non Keeper

C: Napoli
1B: Teixeira
2B: Phillips
SS: Reyes
3B: A-Rod
OF: Kemp
OF: Holliday
OF: Granderson
Util: Quentin
Bench: BJ Upton

SP: Lincecum, J. Santana, Weaver, Hamels, Dempster, Nolasco, Cueto, Volquez
RP: Aardsma, Nunez, M. Gonzalez

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 33717
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Reyes/Webb for Miggy/Greinke

Postby Grey » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:25 pm

Why do you want Webb?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Vince
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Reyes/Webb for Miggy/Greinke

Postby Vince » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Well Drew would sit on my bench and I'd be losing Greinke... You don't like Webb at all this year? You wouldn't give Stephen Drew for him?
12 teams, H2H, 5x5, Non Keeper

C: Napoli
1B: Teixeira
2B: Phillips
SS: Reyes
3B: A-Rod
OF: Kemp
OF: Holliday
OF: Granderson
Util: Quentin
Bench: BJ Upton

SP: Lincecum, J. Santana, Weaver, Hamels, Dempster, Nolasco, Cueto, Volquez
RP: Aardsma, Nunez, M. Gonzalez

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 33717
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Reyes/Webb for Miggy/Greinke

Postby Grey » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:31 pm

I wouldn't go after a pitcher with an arm injury. Seems like you're asking for a headache. Drew could get you Josh Johnson say (I have no idea who owns Johnson, it's a hypothetical) and I'd rather have Johnson than Webb.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Vince
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Reyes/Webb for Miggy/Greinke

Postby Vince » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Grey wrote:I wouldn't go after a pitcher with an arm injury. Seems like you're asking for a headache. Drew could get you Josh Johnson say (I have no idea who owns Johnson, it's a hypothetical) and I'd rather have Johnson than Webb.

I own Josh Johnson :D The guy has James Shields though... Is he too much to ask for Drew? He has Lester too...
12 teams, H2H, 5x5, Non Keeper

C: Napoli
1B: Teixeira
2B: Phillips
SS: Reyes
3B: A-Rod
OF: Kemp
OF: Holliday
OF: Granderson
Util: Quentin
Bench: BJ Upton

SP: Lincecum, J. Santana, Weaver, Hamels, Dempster, Nolasco, Cueto, Volquez
RP: Aardsma, Nunez, M. Gonzalez

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 33717
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Reyes/Webb for Miggy/Greinke

Postby Grey » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:37 pm

You can't get Shields from a guy that has already lost Webb. At least I don't think you can.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Vince
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Reyes/Webb for Miggy/Greinke

Postby Vince » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Grey wrote:You can't get Shields from a guy that has already lost Webb. At least I don't think you can.

Hehe... Yeah that's a pretty good point.
12 teams, H2H, 5x5, Non Keeper

C: Napoli
1B: Teixeira
2B: Phillips
SS: Reyes
3B: A-Rod
OF: Kemp
OF: Holliday
OF: Granderson
Util: Quentin
Bench: BJ Upton

SP: Lincecum, J. Santana, Weaver, Hamels, Dempster, Nolasco, Cueto, Volquez
RP: Aardsma, Nunez, M. Gonzalez


Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests